Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

question for a plumber

question for a plumber

Old Dec 1st 2008, 12:07 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default question for a plumber

Hi Guys
Am currently building and am having an issue getting a plumber to turn up, now after reading through the registration requirements for plumbers now correct me if I am wrong, it is illeal for me the home owner and not a registered plumber to connect to a mains water supply and to hook up the sewer bit, now does that mean technically I can put pipes in and taps and then get a plumber to hook it all up. I met a plumbers apprentice the other day and he said there was some plumbing we can do but would not say what.
Any ideas would be great as I would love to get the pipes in the roof and the gyprock up.
Jenny
Old Dec 1st 2008, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of
Default Re: question for a plumber

So, what you are asking is
A. Can you do the work yourself
B. Will a licensed plumber sign off on it

A. Officially.... NO, as all the work done, will require a certificate of completion, and will probably be requested by the mortgagors at some stage of the build or when you come to sell.
Unofficially, or if you don't need the cert ..........knock yourself out.

Please be aware that there are very high fines for getting it wrong, e.g. connecting foul water to storm water drains - will need you to sell your house to cover the fine

B. Highly unlikely to happen, part of the sign off and issuing of the certificate of completion makes him duty bound to rectify any faults that could be identified in the future