Reload this Page >

Question for Mr Mover

Question for Mr Mover

Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

aet1964 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Question for Mr Mover

Hi Mr Mover,

Have you any feedback on Homepak Removals Ltd, prices seem very competitive, are they any good? Who else is worth a try, I will be shipping my stuff to Gulf Harbour mid June.

Many thanks

Andy. T
Lincoln
UK.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

philj6969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Sorry to steal your thread Andy, I also have a question for Mr Mover,

If I take a diesel generator in the container I know that the fuel tank must be empty, must there also be no oil in the crank?

If the generator is still in a sealed manufacturers crate, will it be ok to leave it sealed?

Thanks in advance

Phil.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up

No problem Phil.

Just a point of interest, I have many contacts in the UK who buy second / pre-owned generators, it's an option you may wish to consider to save on shipping costs and whether or not all oil has to be drained. I think you should be ok on this though as many genset suppliers ship with minimal oil content.

If the above is of interest let me have the genset details, I can then put you in touch with a probable buyer. Have you any idea what the set is worth?

Equally I have contacts in NZ that can supply you with a good quality second hand or new set. When considering all costs it may prove to be a good option for you.

Cheers

Andy
Old Feb 24th 2004, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

philj6969 is an unknown quantity at this point

The generator is brand new, still sealed Yanmar diesel single cylinder, electric start 5.5 KWhour in a noise absorbent case with small wheels on. Yours for £1200, same thing in Australia is roughly twice the price.

Phil.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

Talking

Hi Phil,

I think I can help you out but I need the full purchasing spec. I don't wish to buy personally but I can help you find someone that will. Let me have some details and I'll see what can be achieved.

Regards

Andy.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 12:02 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question for Mr Mover

Originally posted by aet1964
Hi Mr Mover,

Have you any feedback on Homepak Removals Ltd, prices seem very competitive, are they any good? Who else is worth a try, I will be shipping my stuff to Gulf Harbour mid June.

Many thanks

Andy. T
Lincoln
UK.
Sorry andy ,don,t know this company, checked our work register and we have had no dealings with them, either new or very small,but this dos,nt mean they dont know what they are doing . Some small companys operate under the umbrella of the larger companys,acting as freight consolidators. The only problem with this is you are dealing with a lot of players, most movers who are members of B.A.R [brit,assoc ,removers}are ok and you should have some come back, if things go pear shaped............. MM
Old Feb 25th 2004, 12:05 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by philj6969
Hi

Sorry to steal your thread Andy, I also have a question for Mr Mover,

If I take a diesel generator in the container I know that the fuel tank must be empty, must there also be no oil in the crank?

If the generator is still in a sealed manufacturers crate, will it be ok to leave it sealed?

Thanks in advance

Phil.
hi phil , the engine oil is ok, leave it crated, customs will get it opened if they feel the need to........... MM