Reload this Page >

A question about the pill

A question about the pill

Old May 23rd 2004, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

nibblo will become famous soon enoughnibblo will become famous soon enough
Default A question about the pill

Hi this is one for the ladies,
Just thinking ahead as have not got visa yet and my mind needs something to do !! Just wondered what other ladies who are on the pill do to get their supplies - do you still go to a G.P and if so can you get it on medicare? (do you have to pay?) I have had a real nightmare finding a pill to suit me and am hoping I can cary on with the same one (Microgynon)
Answers on a postcard please
Nibblo x
Old May 23rd 2004, 8:24 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough
Default Re: A question about the pill

Originally posted by nibblo
Just thinking ahead as have not got visa yet and my mind needs something to do !! Just wondered what other ladies who are on the pill do to get their supplies - do you still go to a G.P and if so can you get it on medicare? (do you have to pay?) I have had a real nightmare finding a pill to suit me and am hoping I can cary on with the same one (Microgynon)
Nibblo x
It's a subsidized medicine, so it should be fairly cheap.
Old May 23rd 2004, 8:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of UK brands aren't available here - I have the same problem, took ages to find one that suits, only to find its not licensed here. Try finding the Oz Family Planning Association site, thata where I found out about mine, but sorry I don't habe the link anymore.
Get stockpiling!
Old May 23rd 2004, 9:11 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Nibblo x
Hey, I have Microgynon here in Holland too! Let's hope it's not just Europe!
Luckily I have a normal pill(I think).
Taking a supply for a few months though.
Have to pay here now, luckily it's not very expensive.
Old May 23rd 2004, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future

LOL, i have that one too, but i have just changed to the 3 month injection, wonder if u can get that or similar out there also.
Old May 23rd 2004, 9:48 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Nibblo x

Cost me best part of $50 each time I wanted three month supply. You can get it from the doctors, mine gave me a repeat script, so I got 9 months supply at one go in affect.
On top of this you also have your appointment fee (which is part medicare refundable) so if you can stock up for free over here I would do
Old May 23rd 2004, 10:17 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by midge04
LOL, i have that one too, but i have just changed to the 3 month injection, wonder if u can get that or similar out there also.
You can; an ex of mine got one. Covered by Medicare too, from memory.
Old May 23rd 2004, 10:44 pm
ABCDiamond

I'm not a lady, but heres some info:

Example prices here:
http://www.echemist.com.au/burrendah...341&typeid=463
Microgynon ED T28 $11.70
Microgynon 3 month ED (20) $34.25
Microgynon 50 T $17.75

But this one may be cheaper
http://www.emedical.com.au/default.a...ter=M&pageNo=5

Old May 23rd 2004, 11:36 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there -

I used to get my pills from a women's health clinic in Perth, rather than a GP (this was about 2 years ago). I paid $15 for 3 to 6 months worth (can't remember exactly how many months they gave me at a time). I told the nurse I had been on Microgynon in the UK and she put me on a pill called Nordette, which is exactly the same (Oz version).
Old May 23rd 2004, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

xxsparklesxx is an unknown quantity at this point

I couldn't get a pill the same as the one I was on in the UK but my GP gave me the closest equivalent. No probs. You do have to pay for it though, bit of a bugger.
Old May 24th 2004, 2:04 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Microgynon is available here, I used to take it (quite a few years ago now :scared: ) . Agree with others, bring some with you & just take them along to the doctors when you need more, they will give you the same thing based on the active ingredients. Brand names sometimes differ, but the actual medicines are usually the same.
Old May 24th 2004, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

trehere is on a distinguished road

I would advise you to stock up before you come out.
I was on Femodene in the UK and have been prescribed something similar (same name) but not the same thing at all....has messed things up a little on the hormones side! Also, whereas you get it free there, here you have to pay for a Dr's appintment (most of which you claim back) then have to pay for the prescription - the repeat is every 2 months so you have to go back and pay again - the cheek! Works out quite pricey in the end especially when you are used to getting it free!
Old May 24th 2004, 12:01 pm

Debbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura about

Hi
I have lived in NSW for nearly 2 years now and i get the 3 month injection. It costs $18 or there abouts. I see the doctor who is a bulk bill practice so i just give medicare card and i don't pay a thing. The injection is depo-provera (i think thats spelt right).
Hope this helps.

Debbie Jo
Old May 24th 2004, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

nibblo will become famous soon enoughnibblo will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Debbie Jo
Hi
I have lived in NSW for nearly 2 years now and i get the 3 month injection. It costs $18 or there abouts. I see the doctor who is a bulk bill practice so i just give medicare card and i don't pay a thing. The injection is depo-provera (i think thats spelt right).
Hope this helps.

Debbie Jo
Thanks Everyone for all the replies
I think I will have to start stock piling now by the sounds of it !!
I have tried the 3 month injection but after 9 months of it I put on so much weight I now look like a beached whale !! never again!
Cheers
Nibblo
Old May 25th 2004, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to all

You can get Microgynon in Perth. But I would advise to take an old packet with you as the Dr asked me what strength I took (mg) I didn't have a clue. So he gave me the most common which turned out to be the same as the ones I were taking at home. They look a bit different as instead of having 21 days in a pack you get 4 x 21 days in a pack. Dr also gives you 2 repeat scripts so you get a years worth. Have to pay for Drs appointment but can claim most of it back. 4 months pills cost $27.40 but am ready to get my next 4mths worth now so am going to shop around as apparently it pays to do so. Tip though - I got a years worth from my UK GP before I came out so I was sorted and it was one thing I didn't need to worry about. Also, I have heard that the Dr will only give you pills if you are up-to-date on your smear tests once you are out here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.