Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A question about the pill

A question about the pill

Old May 25th 2004, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on a phased pill, Logynon... does anyone know if they have it out there, or whether I will need to change? It's Levonorgestrel and Ethinylestradiol in 3 different amounts I'm planning to hoard some and change over there if necessary, but it would be nice to stay on the same one.
Old May 25th 2004, 9:16 am
ABCDiamond

Larissa
look at this web page

http://www.healthnetwork.com.au/sear...dication&id=57

half way down the page it shows which brands are available and contain what combinations.

Old May 25th 2004, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks ABCD, one less thing to worry about!
Old May 25th 2004, 9:47 am
beached.whale

Speaking as a UK GP who is now working in Australia, you can get microgynon here on the PBS (so price is kept down) however a lot of the newer preparations are not on the PBS so will cost you more. Stock up as it free there, my wife got extra before moving back over here.

Also bring your tablets to the Doc as all the pills here have slightly different names (microgynon is in 2 different strengths ). I'm still learning all the new names! Another Gp told me no new contraceptive pills have been added to the PBS since 1984!

Mark

Old May 25th 2004, 7:23 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya

I have already approached my doctor about giving me a few extra packets each time I have a script, also on Microgynon, but he isn't having any of it. Miserable sod. I'm going to try and get a few extras through family planning or make up some story about leaving my bag on a bus or train. Any suggestions on how to get huge supplies greatfully received.

Sarah
Old May 25th 2004, 8:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Go to Family Planning, tell them you are off to Oz on a years working holiday visa, and can't get your pill over here - they coughed up a year's supply for me that way.
Old May 25th 2004, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

lol
I take it you are in the UK? If so, I think the family planning centre will dish 'em out quite willingly, but I haven't gone since I was about 19!
Then you could also go to your doctor? Plus then go to another doctor... perhaps that is taking it a bit too far!

(Anyone know where it is in Pompey lol!)

Anyone got any microgynon tablets for teach?! Maybe we could do swap shop?
Old May 25th 2004, 8:56 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by Pollyana
Go to Family Planning, tell them you are off to Oz on a years working holiday visa, and can't get your pill over here - they coughed up a year's supply for me that way.

Nice bit of info thanks
Old May 25th 2004, 9:01 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Pollyana

Great info Pollyana, thanks. I will do that.

Thanks to you also Larissa, any givers yet, lol

Sarah
Old May 26th 2004, 11:26 am
dex
Forum Regular

dex is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing works better than an Asprin - held tightly between the knees.