Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

question 139 visa

question 139 visa

Old Dec 21st 2004, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default question 139 visa

my sister in law wants to come out on a 139 visa and live here, we can sponsor her in a year after we get our citizenship
my questions are these

she is a nurse so how many hours do she have work in a week to get her skills assessed and for how long

her husband is turkish but has a british passport are there any probs there

she overstayed her visa some 15 years ago and was asked to leave the country will that affect her application

any replies please

arlene
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 4:45 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: question 139 visa

Arlene

Originally Posted by arlene
my sister in law wants to come out on a 139 visa and live here, we can sponsor her in a year after we get our citizenship
my questions are these
You can't sponsor your sister-in-law, technically. The sponsor has to be related to the applicant directly (i.e. not by marriage) or by adoption. So you have to get your husband to sponsor his sister (if that's how you two are related).

And, what's this about being able to sponsor your sister-in-law only after you get citizenship? You don't have to be a citizen to sponsor a eligible relative for a skilled-sponsored visa.

More information can be had in the Skilled Migration Booklet.

she is a nurse so how many hours do she have work in a week to get her skills assessed and for how long
http://www.anmc.org.au/?event=-1&que...20Criteria.htm

Note that DIMIA has its own set of criteria for number of hours worked and duration of work.

her husband is turkish but has a british passport are there any probs there
Shouldn't be a problem, if everything is genuine and above board. Ethnicity is something of interest to DIMIA.

she overstayed her visa some 15 years ago and was asked to leave the country will that affect her application
"Asked to leave the country" - how? Was she deported? Best if she ran her visa history with a registered agent with experience in character problems.

Peter