Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Queensland Ambulance Service

Queensland Ambulance Service

Old Aug 8th 2008, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

S J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant future
Default Re: Queensland Ambulance Service

Originally Posted by kiwinow
I know you lot are trained already, but just wondering if anyone knows whether there's an age limit if I wanted to train as a paramedic over there. Also can you find out if they need paramedics in the area you want to settle before undertaking training and then finding there's no job within 100km. I've visited the website but couldn't find the answers to those questions.
In answer to your question about an age limit on QAS student programme. I was 39 when I started to do my trainee paramedic job with the QAS. There was another guy there who was probably in his early 50s - think he has since dropped out. I think the idea is that QAS prefer mature people with life experience as opposed to young people straight out of school. The University courses are starting to produce a number of graduate paramedics but there stil seems to be a short fall of qualified paramedics in Queensland. Let me know if there is anything else I may be able to help you with. S
Old Aug 8th 2008, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

dakole is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mrsmoo
Hi Guys

I've been out here some time now. If there's any Q's just ask. I will be honest, i needed straight answers myself before I "took the leap". I work Q5 which is the Brizzy area. How much has QAS told you will be earning? Mrs Moo p.s. an TRULY beautiful place & QAS have been pretty good i must say.
Hi Mrs Moo
I am coming out to Brisbane next week to look the area over hope to move over in next year as an ACP I am really worried about what I have read here, are you happy, what advice can you offer with regards to areas to live in schools etc and prospects within QAS.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of

Booked my flights to Brisbane, £550 each Fly out of Heathrow on the 2nd October arrive Brisbane on the 4th at 0850, then fly to Townsville at 1440, $170 each. Bank account is also set up, just need to transfer some money. 22 shifts left

John&Nicki
Old Aug 10th 2008, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

tyne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John_R
Booked my flights to Brisbane, £550 each Fly out of Heathrow on the 2nd October arrive Brisbane on the 4th at 0850, then fly to Townsville at 1440, $170 each. Bank account is also set up, just need to transfer some money. 22 shifts left

John&Nicki
I bet you are getting pretty exited now. Have they told you where you will be stationed yet, or do youfind out nearer the time?
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tyne
I bet you are getting pretty exited now. Have they told you where you will be stationed yet, or do youfind out nearer the time?
I will be stationed at the Northern coastal region, live in Townsville and travel to where ever they send me Not excited yet, so much to do. But it will sink in at some point lol

John
Old Aug 11th 2008, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks S J Jackson. Nice to know I won't be too ancient. I'm a bit confused about conflicting info at the mo, but will PM you when I know what I want to ask.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Has anyone had their passport "evidenced" yet in london? I sent mine just over a week ago, next day delivery, still waiting for them to return. I was just wondering how long it takes.

John
Old Aug 12th 2008, 8:19 am
Somewhere in Oz

sla453 will become famous soon enough

Has anyone had their passport "evidenced" yet in london? I sent mine just over a week ago, next day delivery, still waiting for them to return. I was just wondering how long it takes.

John
Mine took 3 days..
Old Aug 12th 2008, 10:11 am
Just Joined

Tilly mint is an unknown quantity at this point

John
we have our visa, roll on oct, see you all there. Can't stop smiling, excuse me while I carry on grining.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

onemanclapping is an unknown quantity at this point

John
there's a bit of a backlog at the moment, mine took 8 days. They qoute 3 on the website but that's a bit out of date.

I've just done my last shift!! Just got to go in Friday & hand back my uniform, I.D card & lease car then I'm off
Old Aug 12th 2008, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onemanclapping
there's a bit of a backlog at the moment, mine took 8 days. They qoute 3 on the website but that's a bit out of date.

I've just done my last shift!! Just got to go in Friday & hand back my uniform, I.D card & lease car then I'm off
Lucky sod

For those who are organising transfering money, try here http://www.moneycorp.com/ I transferred money from barclays today who offered me $2.05 While they offered me $2.145 Every bit counts

John
Old Aug 12th 2008, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

alanallin is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Queensland Ambulance Service

Has anyone heard of possible interview dates for this year yet? had an email from them suggesting poss aug but heard nothing
Old Aug 13th 2008, 3:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Bad publicity time again folks - I do wonder how the papers here would survive with DES to keep them going

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...0-3102,00.html
with the full story here -
http://www.cairns.com.au/article/200...ocal-news.html
Old Aug 13th 2008, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

BB999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Afternoon all!!!!

Have not been on here fo a while but need some advice. I am due over in Brisbane in the next few days to validate my visa. Firstly, as far as validating goes all I need to do is go through customs right??? There is nothing ele I need to do??
Secondly is there any other things that I should be doing on this trip.....bank account..tax etc etc. To say I am not organised is a bit of an understatement! We have basically almost run out of time with our date on our visa so decided to bite the bullet and come over for a short trip. I'm then going to have to rent my house and try and get back out there for the Oct induction. Any advice is appreciated.....
Old Aug 14th 2008, 8:09 am
Just Joined

guga is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Queensland Ambulance Service

Hi all

I am waiting for a date for an interview for qas as an acp. I have some friends that have applied, but their applications are dragging on and on.

My wifes occupation would mean that we would get a permanent family visa fairly easily.

Should I use qas for sponsored visa (and save the money) or independently apply for a permanent visa???

Any ideas would be appreciated, read a thread about not being able to buy houses on certain qas visa schemes...

Cheers

Guga

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.