Queensland

Old Jun 5th 2007, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

twinkle78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Queensland

Hello everyone,I'm looking for advice on Queensland.There is me,husband and 2 girls,11 and 9.My hubby is a Mechanical Fitter so if anyone has any info about jobs for him that would be great.Also any advice on schools would be great.I would love to hear from people living there who could let us know what the best areas are.That will do for now,Ill post again when my keyboard is working,using on-screen at moment.Thanks.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice
Default Re: Queensland

Hi TWinkle78 - Queensland is a BIG place - can you be a bit more specific about whereabouts you are heading, I am sure people will be along then to help!
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

I,m not sure.Close to a beach,village,not city,good schools,plenty of work for hubby and quite.Somewhere like in Home and Away.I don't think there is such place,hub keeps reminding it's only t.v but it would be nice.I like the look of tas to be honest,it's just the job thing.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 2:33 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by twinkle78
I,m not sure.Close to a beach,village,not city,good schools,plenty of work for hubby and quite.Somewhere like in Home and Away.I don't think there is such place,hub keeps reminding it's only t.v but it would be nice.I like the look of tas to be honest,it's just the job thing.
Again that covers the whole of Queensland coastline and it is the same as driving from Scotland to say the South coast of Portugal or further!

Work wise as a mechanical fitter your husband would be laughing anywhere as it is a trade in need over here.

I think you need to think about exactly what you want when you get here. How rural do you want it to be? Is it hot or warm weather? Is it tropical landscapes or good surf beaches? Do you have any certain hobbies or interests?

Forget Home and Away as the landscapes in that are the rough end of the stick in my opinion as to what you can get in Queensland.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:35 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

This may give you a rough guide to how big Australia is!!
Attached Thumbnails Queensland-mapcomparisons.jpg  
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:35 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

your hubby would get a job anywhere. i wouldnt worry about the work side of things. pretty much every town up the coast has a sugar mill.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:02 am
Just Joined

Can I just say how nice people are on here!Spoke to hubby as it is him who said he wants to go to Queensland and he says Brisbane.Didn't realize how big the place was,how daft do I look now.haha.Think I might have to go do LOADS..more research!Did anyone else find the whole area searching a scary thing?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:10 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just say how nice people are on here!Spoke to hubby as it is him who said he wants to go to Queensland and he says Brisbane.Didn't realize how big the place was,how daft do I look now.haha.Think I might have to go do LOADS..more research!Did anyone else find the whole area searching a scary thing?
Best place to look for jobs...www.seek.com.au or www.careerone.com.au
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Here comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really nice
Smile Re: Queensland

Hi Twinkle,
I had the same problem. My hubby didnt want to go to Aus initially as he thought it would be too hot. So i got him looking at Tas which he loved, so once he was hooked on going to Aus i slowly dropped hints about how cold Tas can be and perhaps isolated and we started looking at QLD. Ive posted loads of questions on here about where to go as we cant afford a reccie.

We decided on cairns as i like lush green areas and nice beaches changed our minds several times considered coastal NSW had the wobbles and settled on Cairns again!

I would look at each state/territory and use the search function on here and read other peoples threads.

On the way to Cairns when we emmigrate we are going to do a whistlestop tour of Aus just to make sure we are happy with Cairns. Doing it this way it will only add a couple of hundred pounds on to the ticket and we can have a 4 week holiday before we settle down.

Good luck and dont be afraid to ask questions!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

FionaG has a spectacular aura aboutFionaG has a spectacular aura aboutFionaG has a spectacular aura about

Hi, we are also thinking we will settle somewear near brisbane ,but we have never been and cant justify reccie cost. Feel it would be best to save the cash for our new home.i have done quite a lot of research but still havent pinpointed the place.so we plan to arrive August(visa permitting) and travel by motor home till beg october when school starts in a hope we will find our new place that just fits us,sound ok in theory but who knows lol .
fiona
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:40 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

It's a nightmare starting out but just keep asking away and you'll narrow it down...

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by FionaG
Hi, we are also thinking we will settle somewear near brisbane ,but we have never been and cant justify reccie cost. Feel it would be best to save the cash for our new home.i have done quite a lot of research but still havent pinpointed the place.so we plan to arrive August(visa permitting) and travel by motor home till beg october when school starts in a hope we will find our new place that just fits us,sound ok in theory but who knows lol .
fiona
Hi Fions,

Have you checked out the school hols in Aus, the main break is December/January, the others hols are two weeks at the very most.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:20 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
This may give you a rough guide to how big Australia is!!
And that, my friends, is what Australia could have looked like at the end of WW2 if something very bizarre had happened.

Poor old Tassie, it never gets a mention unless people are trapped in it ... "Map Of Tassie" ... fnarrrgh, fnarrrgh!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:58 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

It is scary and I think the UK fits into Queensland somethign like 7 times so it is quite a large state on it's own without all the others to boot

I still think if you are looking for something more rural Brisbane isn't the place for you. It is a city and the main one of Queensland so it is quite large (not to London sort of scale but maybe more Bristol ...ish???) but along that part of the coastline it is pretty built up i.e. Gold Coast, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast. Don't get me wrong they don't all just slide in together to one mass of houses like the certain areas of the UK but as I said what are you looking for in a place to live?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

LouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really nice
Question Re: Queensland

Just read your question and have registered! We have just begun the emmigration process and are having a similar debate on where to live. We like the sound of Helensvale or Pacific Pines South of Brisbane. We are looking for a good standard of education for our two boys aged 6 and 11 and I am looking for nursing employment. This area looks good and we have a friend who has moved to Mudgeeraba who hasn't got any regrets. Have a look and see what you think!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.