Reload this Page >

Quarantine Or Not?

Quarantine Or Not?

Old May 16th 2007, 12:57 pm
Somewhere in Oz

sla453 will become famous soon enough
Default Quarantine Or Not?

1 dog to take with us to Oz shortly..

Spoken to my vet, who advised that my dog does not have to be quarantined at a specified quarantine station, but can do kept at a home for the specified time period - effectively under 'house arrest'..!!

Has anybody else heard of this? I'm dubious to say he least.
Old May 16th 2007, 1:05 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quarantine Or Not?

Your vet is sadly very very wrong.
Old May 16th 2007, 1:25 pm
Somewhere in Oz

Originally Posted by Centurion
Your vet is sadly very very wrong.
Thanks...

It sounded too good to be true - but thats what he said!
Old May 16th 2007, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sla453

Spoken to my vet, who advised that my dog does not have to be quarantined at a specified quarantine station, but can do kept at a home for the specified time period - effectively under 'house arrest'..!!

From the UK it's 30 days quarantine - suggest you look on the website http://www.daffa.gov.au/__data/asset...39/infosh2.pdf

to see all the stipulations as it's a lengthy process and then when you have the permit get the kennel booked ASAP - I'd go through an Pet export company that will guide you all the way.
Old May 16th 2007, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks...

It sounded too good to be true - but thats what he said!
Have heard this before think it is the case between certain countries but not UK to Oz - 30 days isn't too bad anyway gives you time to get straight
Old May 16th 2007, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

IRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really nice

I think he was mixing up New Zealand with Australia. There are no quarantine stations there for UK dogs but they have to be kept at a specific address.
Unfortunately, your dog will have to spend 30 days in a quarantine station in Australia. You will need to book some months ahead for some of the stations, particularly Perth.
Old May 16th 2007, 2:02 pm
Somewhere in Oz

Thanks for the info..

Vet got it wrong by the sounds of it..!!