Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone know cheap lightweight luggage bags!!!!

anyone know cheap lightweight luggage bags!!!!

Old May 10th 2007, 3:17 pm
off2oz

nursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to all
Default anyone know cheap lightweight luggage bags!!!!

hi am flying in 6 weeks and don't have anything to take my luggage in yet....am thinking of using a holdall with wheels instead of case so i can pad it out and fit more in?!!does anyone know where can a cheapish one i'm struggling??!!!i don't wana fork out a lot of money cause i need 2 and have better things to spend my money on!!!

cheers for any info!!
Old May 10th 2007, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

clensy has a spectacular aura aboutclensy has a spectacular aura aboutclensy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: anyone know cheap lightweight luggage bags!!!!

Originally Posted by nursekaty
hi am flying in 6 weeks and don't have anything to take my luggage in yet....am thinking of using a holdall with wheels instead of case so i can pad it out and fit more in?!!does anyone know where can a cheapish one i'm struggling??!!!i don't wana fork out a lot of money cause i need 2 and have better things to spend my money on!!!

cheers for any info!!
Hi

I got 2 good expanding suitcases in Matalan today supposed to be £28 reduced to £14 good bargain in my mind.

Good hunting
Old May 10th 2007, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

cheers for any info!!
Check out the advertising links at the bottom of this thread?

Don't you just love context sensitive web browsers!
Old May 10th 2007, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jensen Healey
Check out the advertising links at the bottom of this thread?

Don't you just love context sensitive web browsers!
Damn, they've changed!
Old May 10th 2007, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jensen Healey
Damn, they've changed!
Hmm, if you go out of the thread and come back in again it seems to show luggage ads...
Old May 10th 2007, 3:36 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

best tip with any luggage - cheap or otherwise, weigh it!

It does matter what the luggage holds of course but don't sacrifice cheap for weight or vice versa. We bought a really cool roll bag with wheels (holds masses) - the bloody thing weighs 4kgs before I put anything in it. I will not be taking that thing back to the UK again. My best buy ever was when I was working in the states and bought really really cheap roll pack bags (cheap canvas no wheels ccccheap zip, cheap material) brought back loads of jeans etcs. On the way back I had one of the bags wrapped in masking tape - but it worked.

Honestly - do you know the really large candy striped shopping bag things, well honestly that is what you see a lot of in Sydney airport.

Cheers
Old May 10th 2007, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

cheers for any info!!
We used one that we got from Matalan as well. Think it was about £28.00
Well worth it and still works!!
Lynne
Old May 10th 2007, 4:13 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

You can get massive holdalls in Shoe Zone for £10.00
Old May 10th 2007, 5:00 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

hey ive just rung matalan and they have only 2 left and they are saving them for me...

i am havin a flippin great day..
Old May 10th 2007, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

cheers for any info!!
whereabouts in the north are you? I got the biggest bags I've sen so far in the cheap bag shop in my local town centre. £15, huge + strong and also weigh next to nothing!
Old May 11th 2007, 3:36 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

cheers for any info!!
I bought two huge cases in Wilkinsons for 20 quid each. They survived the trip...

S
Old May 16th 2007, 4:03 pm
off2oz

nursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to all

been to matalan and they'd run out of them bags....was passing argos yest so thought i'd have quick look after searching all the shops where i live.....bought a brill huge bag with wheels for a tenner....am very pleased am gonna go buy another tomorrow aswell!!!
Old May 16th 2007, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Wilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really nice

cheers for any info!!
I bought two very large holdalls from Argos for £19.99 each reduced from £29.99 they have a wheel base and pull along handle.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...2Bholdalls.htm
Old May 16th 2007, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light
Lightbulb Re: anyone know cheap lightweight luggage bags!!!!

When you're looking for really big lightweight bags don't forget that 1 piece of luggage can't weigh more than 32kgs for health and safety reasons. We've got big suitcase, lightweight too. Only problem is can't fill them coz they go over the 32kgs - now looking for smaller ones for trip to Oz. Just a thought.

Tasha x