Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Quality of relocation agent?

Quality of relocation agent?

Old Aug 12th 2007, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

spectralcluster will become famous soon enoughspectralcluster will become famous soon enough
Default Quality of relocation agent?

I was just wondering what other people have experienced regarding relocation agents.

My agent was secured by my potential employer and they have paid all fees.
I consider the service I've had to be rather poor.

- Slow in answering emails
- When answer finally comes it's extremely short with little or no info.
- Very little help with regards to finding initial accommodation, simply suggested incredibly expensive serviced apartments (I had to sort out more reasonable alternatives).
- Was difficult to get them to actually state what it is they will provide i.e., will they meet us at the airport etc.

They are set up to gain as much business from clients throughout the whole process, from visa application to mortgages, but given my experience thus far I will be going elsewhere.

I'm actually happier sorting most things out myself but feel that if they've been paid a fee I might as well make use of them.

Thank God I found this forum!
Old Aug 12th 2007, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quality of relocation agent?

The agent my employer arranged was also a waste of space.

We asked for an area which suited a couple with no kids, who liked eating out etc....so she put us in the middle of the only dry area of Melbourne (which is also fab for private schools).

She got us to complete the assessment form before we were even over the jetlag- so of course before we really had a valid opinion on the time of day, let alone her service.

I don't think I would ever use a relocation agent again, unless language barrier required it.