Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Quakers Hill - good move or not????

Quakers Hill - good move or not????

Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Big 'X' is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Quakers Hill - good move or not????

Hi there, we are currently renting in Castle Hill and are thinking of moving and buying a property in Quakers Hill.

Is there anyone out there who knows anything about the area. Any web sites that we can look at???

Info on Quakers Hill high school and the Primary schools, reputable or not???

Hope you can help.

Big X
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:53 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quakers Hill - good move or not????

Originally Posted by Big 'X'
Hi there, we are currently renting in Castle Hill and are thinking of moving and buying a property in Quakers Hill.

Is there anyone out there who knows anything about the area. Any web sites that we can look at???

Hope you can help.

Big X
hello you...we looked at QH/Kings Langley etc before we came here....Mr Pants thought it a bit rough..QH that is.....still thats his opinion.!

P x
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Hope you can help.

Big X
Hi Big X

My Brother lives in Stanhope Gardens, which I think is just a hop skip and a jump from Quakers Hill.
I really liked the area he was living in, but it is all very new.
I didn't actually drive through Quakers Hill. Is it a new area as well?

Regards
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pants
hello you...we looked at QH/Kings Langley etc before we came here....Mr Pants thought it a bit rough..QH that is.....still thats his opinion.!

P x
Hi Pant's, Thanks for Mr Pant's opinion.

Had a lovely afternoon/evening yesterday, thanks for the wine and beer. We really enjoyed ourselves.

Speak soon.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

Sorry Bix X - I've been here nearly a year and have never heard of Quakers Hill. I've been to Stanhope Gardens though - isn't that where they have all the brand new huge houses - we looked at the show homes in Stanhope and Homeworld III, I think.

Are you going to be living in a McMansion ? (this is just jealousy, on my part - we live in a 70s house with old bathroom issues). Those places have magnificant bathrooms!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jaykay
Hi Big X

My Brother lives in Stanhope Gardens, which I think is just a hop skip and a jump from Quakers Hill.
I really liked the area he was living in, but it is all very new.
I didn't actually drive through Quakers Hill. Is it a new area as well?

Regards
Hi JayKay

I don't think it is a new area, although it appears to have developed over time like everywhere else!!!!!

It is just a hop, skip and a jump away from Stanhope Gardens.

We have looked around today and there are a lot of new properties and they are still building.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chocaholic
Sorry Bix X - I've been here nearly a year and have never heard of Quakers Hill. I've been to Stanhope Gardens though - isn't that where they have all the brand new huge houses - we looked at the show homes in Stanhope and Homeworld III, I think.

Are you going to be living in a McMansion ? (this is just jealousy, on my part - we live in a 70s house with old bathroom issues). Those places have magnificant bathrooms!
Hi Chocaholic

They are developming over that way in Acacia Gardens and they are developing next door to Quakers hill at Kellyville Ridge. They are still building some houses on the new estates in Quakers Hill as well.

We have looked today at houses, just from the outside !!!!!most of them were a couple of years old, so not brand new!!!!!

I hope the bathrooms are magnificent!!! That's if we decided to make any appointment to go and view.

The train station is a plus really and the fact that we don't have to rip out bathroom etc. Just to make you even more jealous most of them have pools as well!!!!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 12:16 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pant's, Thanks for Mr Pant's opinion.

Had a lovely afternoon/evening yesterday, thanks for the wine and beer. We really enjoyed ourselves.

Speak soon.
Glad you had good time..so did we especially titchy Pants
who was up till late coming of the excitment/sugar high...bless. Will chat hopefully this week.

Bye.x
Old Sep 6th 2004, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

John Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant future

Hope you can help.

Big X
Quakers hill is a bit close to Mount Druitt for my liking :scared: If you like the hills area try and stay on the posh side of Windsor road You will see what i mean by looking in a street directory
Old Sep 6th 2004, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

Just to make you even more jealous most of them have pools as well!!!!
Very nice! We've got the only house in our cul-de-sac without a pool. We do have a big in-ground spa, which is great, but in the summer when it's really hot and I hear people jumping into their pools - I do envy them a bit!
Old Sep 6th 2004, 10:18 am
Sun Dodger

Bluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really nice

Hope you can help.

Big X
What's the problem with Castle Hill Big X? I know its pretty pricy here, but having driven round Kellyville etc, I don't know whether I could live on one of these new estates. The houses just about touch each other in some areas. Don't know about the schools, but I'm not over-enamoured with the ones in Castle Hill either.
Old Sep 6th 2004, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bluerobot
What's the problem with Castle Hill Big X? I know its pretty pricy here, but having driven round Kellyville etc, I don't know whether I could live on one of these new estates. The houses just about touch each other in some areas. Don't know about the schools, but I'm not over-enamoured with the ones in Castle Hill either.
Hi Bluerobot

Nothing wrong with castle hill, just can't afford anything other than a shack and then wont have any money left to do anything with it. Bathrooms that are unacceptable to say the least. Maybe that's me being too fussy!!!

We were looking more on the lines of houses that are on slightly older estates that aren't so close that you open your back door and fall into the next door neigbours house. I have found the schools ok in Castle hill so far, although I have only been here 4 months.

Thanks for reply!
Old Sep 6th 2004, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by John Howard
Quakers hill is a bit close to Mount Druitt for my liking :scared: If you like the hills area try and stay on the posh side of Windsor road You will see what i mean by looking in a street directory
Will take the Mount druitt comment on board and get my UBD out!!!

Thanks
Old Sep 6th 2004, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chocaholic
Very nice! We've got the only house in our cul-de-sac without a pool. We do have a big in-ground spa, which is great, but in the summer when it's really hot and I hear people jumping into their pools - I do envy them a bit!
Hi again Chocaholic

Oh no, that must be awful in the summer listening to people jumping in their pools. Don't they invite you round??????

This is why we are considering living in a different area where we can realisticly afford a house with a pool for the kids without having to start from scratch on a shack in a posh area!!! If you know what I mean.....

We have got this property on rental until Feb so if we decide to stay on until it runs out we will be in the same boat as you this summer, listening to all the neighbours in their pools while we roast if we even put our toes out on to the decking.

I know what you mean about the bathroom situation as well, we viewed a property in this area on sat, OMG I just couldn't believe the bathroom accomodation, that's all I will say!!!!!!