Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Putting visa in a new passport??

Putting visa in a new passport??

Old Nov 27th 2005, 11:05 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Putting visa in a new passport??

Originally Posted by jackie
Hi Jeremy,
I see other folk send you threads as you seem to be the guy with a lot of advise and info which is great and thanks.
Would you happen to know if you had been summoned to go to magistrates court and the case was thrown out by the magistrate or there was nothing to answer, would this show up on your police checks ?. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Jackie

Why not start a new thread with the proper subject?

In any case, if there is no conviction there is nothing to declare. You should read the form to be sure, but as long as it asks only about 'convictions' rather than 'arrests' you have nothing to worry about.

Jeremy
Old Nov 28th 2005, 5:19 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Putting visa in a new passport??

>>
I was asking Grayling, but the reason for the question is that most people with 136 visas granted by Adelaide have little difficulty getting new visas stamped in DIMIA offices. There have been problems like yours where visas were processed offshore. If Perth granted the visa then it's inexplicable why there was a problem.<<

The visa was granted by the POPC in Perth, and we sent the passports off to London for the sticky bits. What I found so weird was their surprise at "not being able to get the system to give the details" as if this situation was a one-off!