Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First Aussie phone bill

First Aussie phone bill

Old Nov 28th 2005, 1:18 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default First Aussie phone bill

Drum roll........................

$6.71, no line rental and only mobile calls on the bill.

Is this because of our health card, we didn't declare it to the phone company, but neither did we declare it to the energy company but we got a discount.

Also get $80 of rego and $130 of kindy per term.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Aussie phone bill

Originally Posted by fraser
Drum roll........................

$6.71, no line rental and only mobile calls on the bill.

Is this because of our health card, we didn't declare it to the phone company, but neither did we declare it to the energy company but we got a discount.

Also get $80 of rego and $130 of kindy per term.
ian would kill for a phone bill like that I will have to keep this hidden from him. Ours will be at the other extreme I am sure.
:scared:
Nicky
Old Nov 28th 2005, 1:27 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NickyP
ian would kill for a phone bill like that I will have to keep this hidden from him. Ours will be at the other extreme I am sure.
:scared:
Nicky
I know I was expecting this huge bill (may still arrive) as we had the line put in and I was on dial-up for a few weeks.

Not one local call on the bill, no charge for line installation or rental, very odd.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 1:34 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

I know I was expecting this huge bill (may still arrive) as we had the line put in and I was on dial-up for a few weeks.

Not one local call on the bill, no charge for line installation or rental, very odd.
Hiya Fraser

When u get a new line put in. it is 2-3 months before u get the bill. It also depends who u have ur local calls with etc....it confuses the hell outta me lol.....rental from one place local calls from another.......dial up is sometimes billed in arrears too.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Very strange I would be afraid that I was going to get a nasty surprise later if I got a bill like that (got caught out in Belgium).
Ours are all international with Sam keeping in touch with the girlfriend so I am VERY AFRAID.
Nicky
Old Nov 28th 2005, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by biggy
Hiya Fraser

When u get a new line put in. it is 2-3 months before u get the bill. It also depends who u have ur local calls with etc....it confuses the hell outta me lol.....rental from one place local calls from another.......dial up is sometimes billed in arrears too.
Damn Heather, you could have left me in ignorant bliss
Old Nov 28th 2005, 1:38 am

Very strange I would be afraid that I was going to get a nasty surprise later if I got a bill like that (got caught out in Belgium).
Ours are all international with Sam keeping in touch with the girlfriend so I am VERY AFRAID.
Nicky
He should get a phone card we bought one for $20 when we arrived. We can phone the UK for the price of a local call plus 3 cents a minute.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

He should get a phone card we bought one for $20 when we arrived. We can phone the UK for the price of a local call plus 3 cents a minute.
Problem is that he is phoning Belgium so it isn't quite so easy. We shall have to see how painful it is when the bill finally arrives.
Nicky
Old Nov 28th 2005, 1:42 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn Heather, you could have left me in ignorant bliss

Im sowwie sweetie....just thot I better prepare ye....I was the same got a bill for $11.45 no rental or owt....then the next month $300 included connection and 2 months rental
Old Nov 28th 2005, 1:44 am

Problem is that he is phoning Belgium so it isn't quite so easy. We shall have to see how painful it is when the bill finally arrives.
Nicky
Can you not get one for there, the guy in the shop had loads for all different places.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Can you not get one for there, the guy in the shop had loads for all different places.
Where did you get it from? Not seen any being sold here but then haven't really looked that hard.
Nicky
Old Nov 28th 2005, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice

Where did you get it from? Not seen any being sold here but then haven't really looked that hard.
Nicky
Good grief! They are everywhere. Asian supermarkets cover their windows with alternative offers. Just watch the espiry dates, calls to the UK can be so cheap you run out of time before you run out of call time.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Banksia
Good grief! They are everywhere. Asian supermarkets cover their windows with alternative offers. Just watch the espiry dates, calls to the UK can be so cheap you run out of time before you run out of call time.
I will just have to have a look around as I haven't seen any in Wangaratta. there may be some in the newsagents in town I suppose will check it out. We are in the country a bit here .
I will get Ian to check out Melbourne when he is over there for work this week. It would have to be a very long phone call to warrant the petrol money otherwise but it may yet come to that :scared:
Nicky
Old Nov 28th 2005, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Crikey that's good. Ours have been horrendous with Telstra, despite using mobile to mobile between hubby and me, and also utilising the old 'Daybreak card' for overseas calls.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 3:15 am
ABCDiamond

Nicky
If you have Broadband, consider a VOIP provider. Belgium is 4 cents per minute with engin. Compared to Telstra 55c or 93.5c or $1.17 per minute depending what plan you are on !

Plus of course, Interstate calls are 10cents UNtimed

Phone Options

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.