Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Psychology Degree

Psychology Degree

Old Apr 28th 2024, 1:22 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Psychology Degree

Originally Posted by DesertNomad
Good luck. It can be a very well paid profession here in Brisbane with good phycologists in demand. Most going rates for private range from $200-280 an hour. (sefl-employed).
QUT (Queensland University of Technology) often require guest lecturers or academic staff. Checking those job boards is a good start to see what they require.
Otherwise check with AHPRA like someone else said. Most professions recognise overseas qualifications. Unfortunately some like architecture don't and require you to sit a whole new masters - mind boggling.
Quoting in case useful info
Old May 2nd 2024, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Psychology Degree

Originally Posted by the troubadour
I would agree the gap is widening. But reasons not as simple as may first appear, although do play a substantial part. I hold grave fears for the future .
When we first arrived in Perth the housing market was okay, you could purchase “bargains” in certain areas and we did not know a sole who worked on the mines, a few years later and the cost of housing and food to my mind was getting expensive but we could still buy land and build (which we did) a couple of times but the last time (we moved because all the land around us had been built on and we felt closed in) was a huge surprise in just over two years everything and I mean everything had doubled in price , land, materials and even plants and lawn, more and more people we knew started to work on the mines (it sounds easy, work the hours and here is your pay slip and that pay slip looks fab but you do not get paid for nothing there is a personal cost) and they were fine after a while financially but some paid the price ie divorce etc some of our friends who had normal everyday work were finding it hard, a lot of people we knew had never had a holiday or ever ate out and this includes “Aussies” and overseas friends. I am not really “up to date” with the cost of living in Australia anymore but I always hope that people we knew are “doing” okay.