Reload this Page >

Psychology Career Options - Help

Psychology Career Options - Help

Old Dec 21st 2019, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

beckles90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Psychology Career Options - Help

Hi Guys

Just looking for some advice from people who would have more of a clue than I do (I’m completely lost ha). I just moved to Aus on a WHV and I’m about to complete my 3 months of farm work to get the second year. I have a 2:1 BSc (Hons) in Applied Psychology in the UK and whilst at home worked on an inpatient mental health admissions and rehab ward for 3 years.

I’m hoping to get back into the same line of work once I’ve completed my farm work and was wondering if anyone has managed to find similar work in Aus before with their UK experience? Also a friend who I used to work with in UK (she’s a mental health nurse) has since moved to Tassie and managed to get sponsorship. She seems to think I may be able to get sponsorship and possibly a scholarship to carry out my Clinical Psychology masters in a regional area in Aus. Again, has anybody managed this? And if so what was the process behind it? I just want to see what my options are in terms of extending my visa past the two years and whether a career in this field would be viable for me in Aus.

Thanks in Advance

Bec
Old Dec 21st 2019, 11:44 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Psychology Career Options - Help

Hi Bec. Can't help with the psychology questions, other than to say what you already know, ie you'd need a job on the skills list plus a sponsoring organisation, or qualify for a skilled visa in your own right.

For another option to extend past your second year, did you know that it's now possible to get a third year 417 work/holiday visa? The conditions for getting it are a bit more onerous than for the second, you'd need to complete 6 months of specified work in a regional area during your second year to get the third year. But all of South Australia, Tasmania and the Northern Territory are classified as regional so that might open up your options a bit. Best of luck! https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...y-417#Overview
Old Dec 22nd 2019, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

I seriously doubt you're going to get sponsored. There are more psychologists to the square inch in Australia than anywhere else in the world. Then you'd have to wrestle with AHPRA to even get a toe in the door and You've probably not Got qualifications enough to get even provisional registration these days. You'd be better going home and doing your PhD in clinical or whatever branch you want to follow then think about applying for PR once you've got it.
Old Dec 22nd 2019, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Try contacting this lot.

They are the leading Mental Health Nursing agency in Melbourne and they should be able to give you direction and advice.

https://swingshift.com.au/