Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Property Search for Oz that lets you specify Pools etc

Property Search for Oz that lets you specify Pools etc

Old Feb 9th 2003, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

julieburley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Property Search for Oz that lets you specify Pools etc

Been looking at property searches like the one at http://www.realestate.com.au but is there any out there that let you specify whether the place has a swimming pool etc

Just wanted to see what the sort of difference in price is with a pool added on for different areas / states
Old Feb 10th 2003, 3:53 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Property Search for Oz that lets you specify Pools etc

Originally posted by julieburley
Been looking at property searches like the one at http://www.realestate.com.au but is there any out there that let you specify whether the place has a swimming pool etc

Just wanted to see what the sort of difference in price is with a pool added on for different areas / states
A lot of Aussies do not want a pool so its makes little difference on price , the in thing right now is Spa Pools , but if you get a house that is poolless thats easy fixed they are priced from $10k thats all in , better to get a new one because it can be dear to maintain an older pool even to paint an old concrete pool which you have to do every 5 years is $2k plus on paint costs alone, on top of that new salt cells or a filter.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Feb 10th 2003 at 4:21 am.
Old Feb 10th 2003, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

fuzion is an unknown quantity at this point

am i right in thinking a spa pool is an outdoor jacuzzi ?
Old Feb 10th 2003, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Perthplease is an unknown quantity at this point

PB you gotter pool yourself?

If so how much to maintain per month, Salt, electric pump etc

PP
Old Feb 10th 2003, 11:29 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Perthplease
PB you gotter pool yourself?

If so how much to maintain per month, Salt, electric pump etc

PP
Did have in two of the houses we have lived in , one we bought brand new .
Costs varie depending on which type you buy $1500 a year is about right with costs of running the pump , chemicals etc.
If you have a salt cell and it fails try $400 a new pool light $160 its all down to luck , plus your excess water bill will zoom durring the summer months thanks to back washing and evaporation.
As I said most now get a Spa pool you get loads more use out of it and its less hassel costs half the price .

Old Feb 10th 2003, 11:32 pm
Banned

Originally posted by fuzion
am i right in thinking a spa pool is an outdoor jacuzzi ?
Yes you are right , the Pool shops are full of them here there are less trouble than a pool and more fun.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Feb 11th 2003 at 3:49 am.
Old Feb 11th 2003, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Perthplease is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks PB,

Although the costs might seem a little expensive, I think it will be worth having a pool installed just to see the kids enjoying thereselves day upon day, without having to trek down the local swimming baths, but we will see!!

PP

Old Feb 11th 2003, 10:29 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Perthplease
Thanks PB,

Although the costs might seem a little expensive, I think it will be worth having a pool installed just to see the kids enjoying thereselves day upon day, without having to trek down the local swimming baths, but we will see!!

PP

We're not moving half way around the world to a city with a Mediterranean climate NOT to have a pool.

I'm sure, over the years, just like everyone else, I'll learn how inconvenient they are and how costly they are to maintain. But in the meantime.....POOL! POOL! POOL! POOL!

Even if it's just to rinse out our salty wetsuits...

Dan
Old Feb 11th 2003, 10:47 pm
Banned

Originally posted by renth
We're not moving half way around the world to a city with a Mediterranean climate NOT to have a pool.

I'm sure, over the years, just like everyone else, I'll learn how inconvenient they are and how costly they are to maintain. But in the meantime.....POOL! POOL! POOL! POOL!

Dan
Typical Pom you may get 4 months of the year out of it then not every day , get a Spa pool at lest 9 months of the year (all gas heated), the big swiming pools just off the beach .

Old Feb 15th 2003, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by renth

Dan
Hi there,

Scrolling through some of these posting and came across this one. I couldn't agreed more with Dan. If I'm traveling and living all that way I want a pool. And like Dan in a few months time I'll be cursing it then so be it!

Ginny
Old Feb 16th 2003, 11:29 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ginny
Hi there,

Scrolling through some of these posting and came across this one. I couldn't agreed more with Dan. If I'm traveling and living all that way I want a pool. And like Dan in a few months time I'll be cursing it then so be it!

Ginny

We got a pool in our rented house. Similarly, no way were we moving to Oz and not having one. They don't really take much maintenance, especially if you get the pool man to come around. There's nothing better on a 34C day than jumping in your own pool and the kids love it. it's a nice way to cool down and to wash the sand off after being at the beach!
Old Mar 15th 2003, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I have only just recently joined and have been going through all the past threads and came accross this one. I don't know if you are still looking but I have found this estate agent where you can specify things like a pool.

http://www.toop.com.au/index.asp

Hope this helps, good luck

Sindy
Old Mar 15th 2003, 5:31 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

a while back there was a post, with some very useful comments about 'dreaming of a pool' http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ol+dreaming+of

My first thoughts are that I will be near an ocean once in Oz - that is better than any pool, but this is coming from a diver who is desperate to get back in the water, so even seeing those blue tiles close up would be great. Maybe my opinion on a pool will change once I can stop diving long enough to have children.
Old Mar 21st 2003, 1:47 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Hi there I recently found
www.domain.com.au where I did a search and put 'pool' in as the key word and it worked short list but included pools Good luck