Reload this Page >

Property in Frankston/Mornington

Property in Frankston/Mornington

Old Aug 5th 2007, 7:38 am
Just Joined

Dave - Jo is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Property in Frankston/Mornington

Hi folks
We were thinking of buying a property in one of these towns and just wondered what they were like ?. We dont have any rug rats so does not have to be near schools ! Would like 3/4 bed with a pool and have a top line of around $500.000 could we get something quite nice for this sort of price ??? cheers
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice
Default Re: Property in Frankston/Mornington

Hi

For that money you should be okay. Frankston itself is no so hot though the southern half of Frankston South is very nice indeed. Mornington is generally well regarded and has a nicer shopping district with more cafes and eateries. Between the two is Mt Eliza which is very nice too. Frankston South prices have dropped recently due to oversupply in the housing market and would probably be the cheapest of the three. It is also the nearest to a train station for CBD bound travelling.

Check out the BE wiki.

Neil
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

lisaloo has much to be proud oflisaloo has much to be proud oflisaloo has much to be proud oflisaloo has much to be proud oflisaloo has much to be proud oflisaloo has much to be proud oflisaloo has much to be proud oflisaloo has much to be proud oflisaloo has much to be proud oflisaloo has much to be proud oflisaloo has much to be proud of

Hi we are in mornington the best site to be on for all information in victoria is Britvics...hope this helps....lisaxxx
Old Aug 6th 2007, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Hi, we live in South Frankston which is lovely. The best bit IMO is the bit that borders Mount Eliza around the Humphries Road area and to the left of the Mooroduc Highway (looking at the Melway) as there are lots of trees and birds plus it appeals to us as the neighbourhood is made up of older style properties and is established.

Frankston is the end of the train line and a new highway will be opening soon that will speed up travel times to the SE Suburbs.

Mornington has lots of new homes estates and good facilities. Beleura Hill area is lovely. If you want to build instead of buying this maybe the better option. Some people in Frankston will buy blocks will old houses on in order to demolish and rebuild from scratch.

I reckon you could find something in your budget in a good spot. Have you checked out www.realestate.com.au ?

Last edited by Caroline G; Aug 6th 2007 at 11:48 am.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 11:56 am
Just Joined

Dave - Jo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Caroline G
Hi, we live in South Frankston which is lovely. The best bit IMO is the bit that borders Mount Eliza around the Humphries Road area and to the left of the Mooroduc Highway (looking at the Melway) as there are lots of trees and birds plus it appeals to us as the neighbourhood is made up of older style properties and is established.

Frankston is the end of the train line and a new highway will be opening soon that will speed up travel times to the SE Suburbs.

Mornington has lots of new homes estates and good facilities. Beleura Hill area is lovely. If you want to build instead of buying this maybe the better option. Some people in Frankston will buy blocks will old houses on in order to demolish and rebuild from scratch.

I reckon you could find something in your budget in a good spot. Have you checked out www.realestate.com.au ?
Yes we have looked there on the real estate site but it wont let us type in about a pool ! We would luv one if poss !!
Old Aug 6th 2007, 2:14 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave - Jo
Hi folks
We were thinking of buying a property in one of these towns and just wondered what they were like ?. We dont have any rug rats so does not have to be near schools ! Would like 3/4 bed with a pool and have a top line of around $500.000 could we get something quite nice for this sort of price ??? cheers
Do you need a big section or happy for a big house with carefree pool and entertaining area?
Old Aug 7th 2007, 3:13 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi -is there anywhere to drink in South Frankston (walking distance)? I like the sound of the place and it's in my top 3 areas but OH needs a watering hole!
Old Aug 7th 2007, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Originally Posted by JoolsB
Hi -is there anywhere to drink in South Frankston (walking distance)? I like the sound of the place and it's in my top 3 areas but OH needs a watering hole!
Hi, we haven't found a drinking hole in South Frankston itself - I don't think there are any - but we're approx 5mins away by car and 35min walking to Frankston Town Centre. We haven't walked it yet but have a bus stop up the road so thought we may bus it one eve or walk when the weathers warmer. We have a kinder age child so we tend to entertain at home or go to other peoples houses.

Mornington has quite a lively pub scene and there's Jack's Bar (Canandian Bay Hotel) in Mt.Eliza. A taxi back is usually around the $20 mark if I remember rightly
Old Aug 7th 2007, 12:12 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Property in Frankston/Mornington

Mornington has quite a lively pub scene

Hmmmm I feel another night in "Beaches" coming on................

Buzzy
Old Aug 7th 2007, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee

Buzzy
Yes....How's the job going? Hope you are settling in well at your rental house.

Hi to Mrs B and the girls.

Caroline
Old Aug 7th 2007, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee

Buzzy

"Beaches" very

I always fear for my life when I go in there, some very odd people inhabit the place (current company excepted)
Old Aug 7th 2007, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

lisaloo has much to be proud oflisaloo has much to be proud oflisaloo has much to be proud oflisaloo has much to be proud oflisaloo has much to be proud oflisaloo has much to be proud oflisaloo has much to be proud oflisaloo has much to be proud oflisaloo has much to be proud oflisaloo has much to be proud oflisaloo has much to be proud of

OH MY GOD I THOUGHT I WAS IN A VAMPIRE FILM WHEN I WENT INTO THE BEACHES....Mornington......strange poeple who all looked like they had been dropped off by a coach for a day......60 year old men in lumber-jack oogglling at women.....i was just waiting for everybody to change into vampires and start eating each other.....
Old Aug 7th 2007, 8:29 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisaloo
OH MY GOD I THOUGHT I WAS IN A VAMPIRE FILM WHEN I WENT INTO THE BEACHES....Mornington......strange poeple who all looked like they had been dropped off by a coach for a day......60 year old men in lumber-jack oogglling at women.....i was just waiting for everybody to change into vampires and start eating each other.....
O God is it that bad around there? maybe I'll stick to Eltham then...it's just the interiors of some of the houses in Sth Frankston look rather stylish..
Old Aug 7th 2007, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

No Mornington is very nice and stylish and has a good variety of stylish wine bars, restaurants, a couple of night clubs and the beaches....mmmm....no its not that bad.....
Old Aug 8th 2007, 3:03 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Yes....How's the job going? Hope you are settling in well at your rental house.

Hi to Mrs B and the girls.

Caroline
Marvellous thanks, everyone's settling in well. Goodness knows why we brought half the crap we have in the container with us.

See you soon.

Buzzy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.