Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Property/Estate Agent websites for Adelaide?

Property/Estate Agent websites for Adelaide?

Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Devonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really nice
Default Re: Property/Estate Agent websites for Adelaide?

That is So..... very kind of you - thanx so much! Crikey can see why you don't live in ere anymore - people don't do anything for each other in the UK -everyone has become so "I, Me & Myself"!

Tx for your kindness and taking the time to look

Whereabouts in Adelaide are you if you don't mind me asking? Don't worry I'm not gonna land on your doorstep lol! Just looking for suburbs out of interest!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:41 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry I'm not gonna land on your doorstep lol!

I will though

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

Devonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pinkie
Hi Devonfamily

We've just got to Adelaide and are using realestate.com mainly. I'm also contacting estate agents advertising in the area's we've found and asking to go on their mailing lists for houses that come up in our range as a lot seem to go so quickly, before they're even posted in some cases. It's amazing how many other houses come up when you chat to the agents on the phone too.

We too have looked in Greenwith, Wynn Vale and Golden Grove as they are all pretty much the same area - Greenwith and Wynn Vale seem to be cheaper overall, I think because they're a little further from the massive Golden Grove Village complex (like the Trafford Centre type place). Maybe cheaper is the wrong word but you get more for your money anyway.

As for prices, they fluctuate so much between areas it's hard to say, although pools don't seem to affect the price that much as so many houses have them and the Aussies don't seem too worried about having them. They seem to prefer these 8 people spas in the gardens - really don't get that! One thing to be aware of though is that the prices are increasing alot here. They've gone up in the time we've been looking which is since end Nov. Bear that in mind when getting your hopes up about what you'll be able to afford here, those shows in the UK talk rubbish about that, I suspect many on here will agree.

We're actively looking at the minute and we're 'on the ground' so if I can help anymore just shout and best of luck with it all

Hi Pinkie!

Tx for your reply too! Must be exciting for you too. Yep I do like what I see of Greenwith.

I know the prices of houses varies quite a bit (just been looking on realestate.com.au). Havent seen many in Greenwith "For Sale" with pools! Some of the houses look old and run down, some are really nice, some seem over priced for the condition they are in etc.

All the best with your new life down under I bet it feels surreal actually being there now! Do let me know if you come across any snakes in your early days. I am absolutely dreading that side of it. Other half nearly brought me to tears last night - teasing me about snakes. I'm terrified of them!

Look forward to liasing via the forum. Have a great day

Maz
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:21 am
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Devonfamily
Hi Pinkie!

Tx for your reply too! Must be exciting for you too. Yep I do like what I see of Greenwith.

I know the prices of houses varies quite a bit (just been looking on realestate.com.au). Havent seen many in Greenwith "For Sale" with pools! Some of the houses look old and run down, some are really nice, some seem over priced for the condition they are in etc.

All the best with your new life down under I bet it feels surreal actually being there now! Do let me know if you come across any snakes in your early days. I am absolutely dreading that side of it. Other half nearly brought me to tears last night - teasing me about snakes. I'm terrified of them!

Look forward to liasing via the forum. Have a great day

Maz

Well we LOVE Greenwith as that is where we live

We are just 25 mins to the city same to the beach 10 mins to gorgeous country side, loads of good schools, state and private, got the Village (not sure its same size as the Trafford centre though??!!?) and the Plaza near by, loads going on. It is a really nice area we have many Expat mates who live near by to! Infact you go to the Highlands and normally hear an english accent or two there! Wynn Vale is also nicer, would say prob cheapest out of the three and you get more land for your money as an older area, Golden Grove is a nice area to and would of said about same price as Greenwith, but depends where in Golden Grove and what size!! It is very hard to look up 4 bedroom houses, as here they are ALL different, so you could get a large or a medium or a small 4 bedroom house, and hence big change in prices!!

House prices are however moving up and up and up in all three of these areas, and what we paid for ours a year ago there is no way we would find it now at that price, but if you are looking for a "normal" four bedder around the $400-$450+ mark.

As to a pool adding value, we were told sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt it is surprising how many houses here dont have pools, but we would not be without ours now!!

PM if you want any more info!!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 10:08 pm
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

Do let me know if you come across any snakes in your early days. I am absolutely dreading that side of it. Other half nearly brought me to tears last night - teasing me about snakes. I'm terrified of them!
Well we not seen any and been here a year now!! To be honest it is the spiders that worry me more, as they pop out behind your curtains and things and frighten the life out of me!!

Snakes tend to hear you coming and run (or slither) away but spiders, well thats a whole different story!!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Again!

Tx for the replies all!

Well I had to make myself stay clear of the forums today - as I'v spent nearly every waking hour on here since I joined over the weekend...lol.

Tx for all the very friendly feedback and information. You lot are brill! Nice to know there are still such friendly and kind people on the planet!

Am signing off - as I'm knackered and need some sleep - battling to get up in this miserable UK weather! How I wish we could wave a magic wand and get out of this miserable place - it's so dull, grey and dreary. The photos of the beach are so enticing!

See ya on the forum tomorrow

nite nite!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 3:48 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Again!

Tx for the replies all!

Well I had to make myself stay clear of the forums today - as I'v spent nearly every waking hour on here since I joined over the weekend...lol.

Tx for all the very friendly feedback and information. You lot are brill! Nice to know there are still such friendly and kind people on the planet!

Am signing off - as I'm knackered and need some sleep - battling to get up in this miserable UK weather! How I wish we could wave a magic wand and get out of this miserable place - it's so dull, grey and dreary. The photos of the beach are so enticing!

See ya on the forum tomorrow

nite nite!

The addicition just grows stronger

Any help needed just shout. Most on here are here to help.

Cheers

Ginny