Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Proof of De Facto Relationship?

Proof of De Facto Relationship?

Old Mar 22nd 2006, 10:22 pm
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light
Default Proof of De Facto Relationship?

Hi Again,
Does anyone know what documents are needed to prove where I have lived for the past 12 months?
Do I have to send off 52 payslips? Im not on Rachels Mortgage or utility bills, as I had my own house and sold it to move in with Rachel, so everything is still in her name, and my bank details are in my old address.
Any help would be greatly received.
Thanks again,
Sorry about all the questions.
Paul
I need a !
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of De Facto Relationship?

Hubby (who was bit of fluff back then) and I had no real docs- mainly because I was working/commuting to Ireland and had no time to officially move in with him.

DIMIA accepted my airmiles statement which showed me flying home every weekend, official photos from events (which could be dated) postcards sent to me and him etc- although this was only for a temp work sponsored visa, which we have since superceded with PR.
I had no bank statements and we had 2 mortgages.

It does seem to depend on the person dealing with you- if you can try and explain situation- they seem to have seen most things!
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rachel & Paul
Hi Again,
Does anyone know what documents are needed to prove where I have lived for the past 12 months?
Do I have to send off 52 payslips? Im not on Rachels Mortgage or utility bills, as I had my own house and sold it to move in with Rachel, so everything is still in her name, and my bank details are in my old address.
Thanks again,
Paul
I need a !
Hi
We sent in:
Photos
Joint AA membership!!!
Stat decs from family & friends x3
Stat decs from ourselves stating where, when we met etc.
Anything that may tell where you are.
Karen x
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 12:03 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

We also used the following for evidence

Joint gym membership
Cards addressed to both of you
Holiday/flight bookings in both names
Mobile phone bills sent to the address you shared
Payslips (we sent all but I only had 12 as i'm paid monthly)

Hi Again,
Thanks again,
Paul
I need a !
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Again,
Thanks again,
Paul
I need a !
Hi there, my son came over on student visa, with his girlfriend.
They lived with us before we left UK, and with here parents after. So they had no joint utility bills, I did a statutary dec, form this end, and her parents did one at that end.
They had a joint bank account.
And she had the reciepts for the holidays they had for 4 years.
They are now enjoying it in Perth
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 1:46 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranni
Hi there, my son came over on student visa, with his girlfriend.
They lived with us before we left UK, and with here parents after. So they had no joint utility bills, I did a statutary dec, form this end, and her parents did one at that end.
They had a joint bank account.
And she had the reciepts for the holidays they had for 4 years.
They are now enjoying it in Perth
Remember xmas cards etc addressed to the two of you, can be handwritten by anyone! unless you have the envelope with both your names on it, they are useless. Postcards are great though if you can include those.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

Fuggle will become famous soon enoughFuggle will become famous soon enough

Hi Again,
Thanks again,
Paul
I need a !

I was in the same situation - living with hubby (then spouse) but he had the house and bills in his name. I was lucky in that I was a bit of a hoarder and near on kept every bank statement since having an account, every mobile phone bill since buying one and every payslip since commencing work! also lucky in that some of these were sent to "our" address.

I sent the following;
bank statements and master card statements which were to our address.
Highlighted areas on statements where I had monthly payments going from my account into his to prove I was contributing towards joint bills.
Payslips which were to our address.
holiday pics with pages copied from our passports (certified) which had all the stamps from the places we had been on holiday over the years.
Mobile phone bills highlighting his telephone number when I had called him, when he had called me etc. to prove contact had been maintained when apart.
Birthday cards/valentines cards /Letters/ postcards/joint invitations/concert tickets/airplane ticket stubs etc.
Any correspondence that had been addressed to me / us to "our address"
x 4 statements from joint friends
x 4 statements from each others Family

if I can think of anything more i'll post it but I think I covered most of it.

Hope this helps.

good luck
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 7:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Again,
Thanks again,
Paul
I need a !
letters, holiday documentation, copies of photos, stat decs from friends and family, did you make any payments into her bank account?, e-mails to each other. Anything and everything.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

lostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Again,
Thanks again,
Paul
I need a !
Everyones pretty much covered what we sent, although it was a bit difficult for us too as we still had most things in separate names.

Although they say photos are not permissable as evidence, I burnt a CD with a selection of our hoilday photos on - ones with both of us in the picture. Make sure you send the originals as these have EXIF data embedded in the image showing the date and time taken.

The stat decs will be from 2 people who have known you and your relationship for a period of time, so make sure these are good ones too.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 9:56 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi take a look at this thread and Mlbonners list.

Good luck

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...facto+evidence
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Hi Again,
Thanks again,
Paul
I need a !
Hi

Change this straight away. Get things into both names NOW.

We have just sent off our visa application last month and had to prove 12 months de-facto.
We went through a migration agent and after providing her with 2 million pieces (slight exaggeration) and she shredded most of it!! We provided the following:ie 1 month bank statement, utility bills - gas, wage slip, then 2nd mth, elec utility bills, credit card statement, council tax bill, 3rd month.
You need to provide a most recent wage slip and utility bill.
We were advised if you have something like 6 months worth then proceed as the time it takes to get to that stage may take you to 12 months. Open a joint account straight away.
Wedding/party/christening invites, joint travel insurance, joint post marked letters, joint travel arrangemets, postcards are a good joint evidence.
We emailed every hotel we stayed together and got them to email us with a statement of the fact that we stayed there together. Some emails can be good evidence especially if they are jointly addressed.
If you have an email address I can send you a chart of what we sent to our agent.
Also you, your partner, both your parents need to write a statutory declaration about your relationship and let me tell you it was the hardest thing I ever wrote. They want how you met, how your relationship developped, etc. Other than the obvious we met, we fancied each other and then we had sex......... what else can you write!!!

If you need anything further then send us a post. Glad to help as we stressed so much over this and didnt need half of it!!!

Good luck

Watty'n'Arls
:scared: