Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

to phone or not to phone????????

View Poll Results: phone dimia or not to phone?
i phoned
40.63%
i would but unsure of consequences
9.38%
it does no harm phoning
15.63%
it doesnt get you anywhere
34.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

to phone or not to phone????????

Old Mar 20th 2006, 8:55 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Default to phone or not to phone????????

who phoned dimia?

was it worth it?

if you knew before what you know now would you do it again?

should i phone?

i know this has been posted before but i couldnt find it on the search

all answers are greatfully appreciated

janxx
Old Mar 20th 2006, 9:14 pm
Livin it large

Mctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant future
Default Re: to phone or not to phone????????

Originally Posted by robos
who phoned dimia?

was it worth it?

if you knew before what you know now would you do it again?

should i phone?

i know this has been posted before but i couldnt find it on the search

all answers are greatfully appreciated

janxx
Depends on what you are calling them about. I guess if it's to check on the status of the application, then probably DON'T phone, they must get hundreds of calls a day
Old Mar 20th 2006, 9:23 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mctree
Depends on what you are calling them about. I guess if it's to check on the status of the application, then probably DON'T phone, they must get hundreds of calls a day

i suppose i want to know if we have a co yet and what region we are

what do you rekon

jan xx
Old Mar 20th 2006, 10:24 pm
one day rodders !!!

i just need to be doing something

the waiting is killing me

good luck to everyone who is waiting

jan xx
Old Mar 20th 2006, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute

jan xx

jan i have to say i did phone and they wre extremly helpful, i know what you mean the wait is arwful...........feel your pain babe.........sending hugs down comp if this helps geex
Old Mar 20th 2006, 10:49 pm
one day rodders !!!

Originally Posted by gina
jan i have to say i did phone and they wre extremly helpful, i know what you mean the wait is arwful...........feel your pain babe.........sending hugs down comp if this helps geex
thanks gee

what number did you phone babe

jan xx
Old Mar 20th 2006, 10:53 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

I stuck to e-mails.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 10:58 pm
one day rodders !!!

Originally Posted by diddy
I stuck to e-mails.
thanks will try that if i cant get through
Old Mar 20th 2006, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute

jan got it of rooskie thread last week some time ill look for it for you hold on
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:01 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

It usuallly took two or three days for a reply though.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

jan have done search can only find this one + 61 1300 364 613

hope this helps chuck
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

paka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant future

well, After 2 weeks of sending in there final requested document. I have just phoned my co to ask how everything is going.To be told the visas have been approved and she will e-mail my agent today.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 1:07 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

jan xx
sorry jan I wouldnt phone, looking at your timeline its too early to think about phoning. They'll be in touch when they have news and besides the less time thier phones are tied up the more work gets done surely then the quicker they'll be in touch? I know how you're feeling we've all been through it. keep cool it'll happen soon enuff
Old Mar 21st 2006, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Just phone dthem up. I did and got the visa the next day. They are just people! If you reckon you need infomation that ugently of you feel that their timescales are to long and something should have moved by now phone them.

Look at others timelines though and remember, to maintain credibility you can only really chase it once. So make sure you use your call wisely

Last edited by Rabc; Mar 21st 2006 at 3:04 am.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 4:50 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

i suppose i want to know if we have a co yet and what region we are

what do you rekon

jan xx
IMHO I don't think that it's worth calling them with a query like that - if everyone did it would slow the process down even further.

They do advise that it will take a while before they get in touch. You've had the acknowledgment letter - wait till four months is up (which I think is the timeframe they give) before getting in touch. Get your medicals and police checks sorted out in the meantime to the speed the process up a bit when your CO contacts you.

How will it help you to know who your CO is anyway? Until they ask you for the meds and police checks etc, it will still be a waiting game for you (the only difference is, you'll know what their name is)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.