Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Problems with cancelled orange contract

Problems with cancelled orange contract

Old Aug 6th 2008, 10:32 pm
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of
Thumbs down Problems with cancelled orange contract

We had a number of months left on our contracts with orange so we decided to leave the money with a relative to pay the bills when they came through the post. The bills stopped commig through the post so i called orange and they were sending them to our old address. I gave them my mums address and asked how much to buy out the contract. I was told £450 so i told them i would call back in a week to pay it up.Within 2 days my mum got a letter from a debt collection agency saying we owed £166 so i called orange who told me they had terminated the contracts so i only owed this amount due to them terminating. I asked how much we owed and they said £150 so i said the debt letter said £166 oh no sir its only £150 so i paid it over the phone. Today my mum has got another letter saying if the £166 is not paid by the 11th of august they will be comming to take stuff to the value of what is owed. She called the debt people and explained i had paid the debt but they said i had 2 phones on the contract and only one had been settled. I am F~#i'g livid as i clearly asked 3 times if all had been settled when i paid over the phone to orange. The problem i now have is that when i try to contact orange you have to enter your mobile number before you get to talk to anybody and as the numbers have been cancelled they are not reconised and so after 3 attempts a recording tells you "GOODBYE:curse::curse::curse:". Has anybody had the same aggro???? I told my mum to pay the outstanding amount in the morning over the phone to the debt agency but i want orange to contact these people as it was there error and the fact that my mums address will be blacklisted (told to her by debt people) needs sorting out.

Rant over . any advice greatly appreciated
Old Aug 6th 2008, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Problems with cancelled orange contract

The person is blacklisted - not the property. It is a scare tactic - pure and simple.
I am very suprised the debt company has been called in as it will cost orange more to pay the debt company - than the debt is actually is.
I would put it in writing to orange and the debt company.
At the end of the day they cannot come into your mums house and take anything. It is not her debt. It would be illegal. Threaten them with court action if they continue.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 12:18 am
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

the debt will be paid in the morning my concern is getting hold of orange to give them some grief for there cock up as i was told the account was paid up when clearly it was not.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 1:59 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jon&kate
my concern is getting hold of orange
Contacting Orange to complain is virtually impossible :curse:. Their website does not give contact addresses, they don't have a complaints procedure and as you found out telephoning them is also difficult.

When I needed to complain I wrote to their registered office address in Bristol (not that it did any good). If you still have one of your bills, the registered office address is on there somehwere in very small print.

Your other option is to lodge a complain with Ofcom: http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/mob...g/adr_unhappy/ That is very time consuming and I decided it simply wasn't worth it.

Gina

Last edited by GinaUK; Aug 7th 2008 at 2:02 am.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 11:55 am
jon&a mp;kate

I just gave them a bell and it turns out i owe them sweet f/a they said get the debt company to give them a call and it will all be sorted. I changed the last digit of my old number and was able to get through on the automated number. ORANGE one of the many things i DONT miss.