< Problem ? >

Old Sep 7th 2004, 7:14 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: < Problem ? >

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Thanks guys

Bit of a shitter bringing this subject up, but had to ask.

I did email JAJ and he replied, doesnt look to hopeful.

Seems , and i dont mean to be trivial :

Its easier to get 4 newfoundland dogs into australia, bit of frontline and a bloodtest, cpl certificates and BANG ur in.

An elderley Dad with not one single relative in uk, no chance.

Dont know if this helps but he has 2 brothers ( step ) that have lived in Australia since late 60's, went in on the £10 pom.

Would that constitute as being grounds for repatriation in Australia, and a way for him to move with us.

I just get this awful feeling, soon as I jump on the plane, he will grieve and possibly deteriorate.

Steve
it still may be worth trying to apply under one of the parent visas.. you never know, Who do they decide to give them to? Is one parent more worthy than another? I don't understand who they decide to give these places to. Perhaps the only other thing you can do is get him out here on a tourist visa, obviously he will have to go back to the Uk in time.

Don't know what the answer is .. life is sh*te sometimes. Perhaps you should smuggle him in as a Newfoundlander

Have you an agent in the UK who you can ask for more advice?
Au high commission maybe another option.

chin up .. perhaps you will find a way/answer to your problem.
good luck to you and your Dad

Last edited by Ceri; Sep 7th 2004 at 7:17 am.
Old Sep 7th 2004, 7:23 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Ceri].....
it still may be worth trying to apply under one of the parent visas.. you never know, Who do they decide to give them to? Is one parent more worthy than another? I don't understand who they decide to give these places to. Perhaps the only other thing you can do is get him out here on a tourist visa, obviously he will have to go back to the Uk in time.

QUOTE]

The Parent contributory visa is easy to get if you meet the criteria.Only takes 6 months or so.

G
Old Sep 7th 2004, 7:30 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Grayling]
Originally Posted by Ceri

QUOTE]

The Parent contributory visa is easy to get if you meet the criteria.Only takes 6 months or so.

G
what is the criteria for this ? Do you have to have been PR for a certain length of time or something to sponsor a parent? I can't read the application forms on the gov site (my settings are blocking them)
Old Sep 7th 2004, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

what is the criteria for this ? Do you have to have been PR for a certain length of time or something? I can't read the application forms on the gov site (my settings are blocking them)
Ceri
Grayling may be off line so I'll try to outline the contributory parent visa.

As a parent, you have to be sponsored by your child. the balance of family test must be passed. In essence if you have more than one child the majority must be resident in Australia.

Your sponsoring child must be a permanent resident or citizen in Australia and be settled. Usually described as legally resident for a least 2 years.

There is a first visa charge and a substantial 2nd visa charge.

You must have an assurer who must have a minimum income evidenced by a least the last two tax returns.

The bond currently is $10000 for the primary applicant and must be held for 10years.

The visa charges are on the DIMIA website but currenty is $26475 for the 2nd charge.

Hope this helps
Old Sep 7th 2004, 7:51 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally Posted by Stewie
Ceri
Grayling may be off line so I'll try to outline the contributory parent visa.

As a parent, you have to be sponsored by your child. the balance of family test must be passed. In essence if you have more than one child the majority must be resident in Australia.

Your sponsoring child must be a permanent resident or citizen in Australia and be settled. Usually described as legally resident for a least 2 years.

There is a first visa charge and a substantial 2nd visa charge.

You must have an assurer who must have a minimum income evidenced by a least the last two tax returns.

The bond currently is $10000 for the primary applicant and must be held for 10years.

The visa charges are on the DIMIA website but currenty is $26475 for the 2nd charge.

Hope this helps
so that looks as if it counts steve/timber floor out then.. the settled/resident bit for two years.
Amazing they let any tom and dick harry in sometimes and not an elderly lone parent, who's son wants him to be with him..
cheers
Old Sep 7th 2004, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

so that looks as if it counts steve/timber floor out then.. the settled/resident bit for two years.
Amazing they let any tom and dick harry in sometimes and not an elderly lone parent, who's son wants him to be with him..
cheers
Yes. The cont. parent visa is granted pretty quickly but the child does have to be settled and resident for at least 2 years before the parent can apply.
Old Sep 7th 2004, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

CK2B will become famous soon enough

Hi Steve,
Really sorry to hear about your loss, hope you, Debs, your dad and all your family are coping. I seem to remember you used an agent for your 2nd TRA? Have you tried asking for their assistance.

When are you due to travel, I was sure it was early September as you were undecided about sending the kids back to UK school? Have you had to defer your plans?

I really hope everything works out for all of you, has your dad expressed an interest in moving with you?

Keep us posted on your progress and loads of best wishes,
CK
Old Sep 7th 2004, 9:12 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Its all really rather complicated lol at the moment .

Kids are back to school Uk today.

Dad is staying with us at the moment, funeral is next Tuesday.

Dogs leave our house 16th Sept, leaving uk 20th and 21st sept, heading for Syd.

We are heading for Brissy, south side. But dearly want to be there so kids can start new school yr in January.

I have friends in Sydney who at a push can plonk my dogs on their farm until we arrive, removes burden of meeting dogs from quarenteen.

Regards TRA.

We did the whole thing ourselves. I personally think most agents, even those that post on here are wan****

I say that with a degree of experience and knowledge.

Regards My dad, id be interested to know JUST how long he could stay out on a Tourists visa, do you get the 1 year thingymebob??

Friend of mine iin Kent is moving back to Aussie on last remaining relative visa, not sure what that entails.

Retirement visa is out of the question, and I would have thought that on humanitarian grounds there was some leeway, but appreciate and completely abide by the " Aussie Rules System " its been FAIR !!!!!! to us and many thousands more.

Im not looking for a cheat or an angle just someway my good old dad can be with us.

Picture it !

66 years old. Deep thinker, just lost his rock, his love his wife of 42 years yes 42 YEARS!!!!

Has no family left in Uk cept us bunch !!

Had planned on visiting with my beloved mum 2 times a year to Australia, even got the fukn smokers patches for when they fly...

Shit sorry...

Dotes on his 3 grandkids, had plans on meeting his step brothers in Sydney with me , that he hasnt seen in 35 years !!!

And now by some beaurocratic b/s and crap timing by my mum, looks as if we perhaps wont go !!!!!

Its not like previous threads about ur 15 year old Pet Dog Charlie, be cruel to take him, lets rehome him.

hes my Dad ... so seriously thinking of Phoning Adelaide and saying thanks but no Thanks, we will move when hes popped his clogs !

sheeeeeeeeeeshhhh

Old Sep 7th 2004, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Really sorry to hear about your mum Timber. Don't know much more about the visa than what has already been said.

Our thoughts are with you and yours
Old Sep 7th 2004, 9:23 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys

Bit of a shitter bringing this subject up, but had to ask.

I did email JAJ and he replied, doesnt look to hopeful.

Seems , and i dont mean to be trivial :

Its easier to get 4 newfoundland dogs into australia, bit of frontline and a bloodtest, cpl certificates and BANG ur in.

An elderley Dad with not one single relative in uk, no chance.

Dont know if this helps but he has 2 brothers ( step ) that have lived in Australia since late 60's, went in on the £10 pom.

Would that constitute as being grounds for repatriation in Australia, and a way for him to move with us.

I just get this awful feeling, soon as I jump on the plane, he will grieve and possibly deteriorate.

Steve
I have no idea but is it possible that the Step brothers be the assurers?????
Old Sep 7th 2004, 12:04 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Regards My dad, id be interested to know JUST how long he could stay out on a Tourists visa, do you get the 1 year thingymebob??
The tourist visa lasts for 1 year but you can only stay in any single 'visit' for 3 months. Your dad could fly to NZ (say) and get the very next plane back to Oz but I guess immigration would start asking questions after a couple of such trips.

I hope you can get a solution. This may be the time to bite your lip and speak to an agent.
Old Sep 7th 2004, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Sadly i cant give you any answers..but just wanted to offer my sympathies.
Old Sep 7th 2004, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

si.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud of

Sorry to here about you Mum mate. Try taking a look at the remaining relative visa, I think it comes under the family visa catagory or the Aged Dependent Relative Category.

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/fam...g_relative.htm

Or

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/fam..._dependent.htm

Good luck in Oz
Old Sep 7th 2004, 10:21 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Timber,
Sorry to hear about your mum mate. Hopefully you will be able to sort things out so that your dad can go to Oz with you and yours.
All the best.
Sarah
Old Sep 7th 2004, 10:25 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Gday,

Been a while since i posted on here. kinda had a hard few weeks.

We were granted perm visas few weeks back.

Mum passed away last week.

Dad has no other relatives in UK.

Can we take him with us, if so how, any links please.

Cheers Steve

Hiyas to all by the way

Really, really sorry to hear about your mum Steve. Our thoughts are with you,your dad and your family at this terrible time

Chin up and hoping things work out for U

Last edited by Phoenixuk2oz; Sep 7th 2004 at 10:28 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.