< Problem ? >

Old Sep 6th 2004, 4:09 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default < Problem ? >

Gday,

Been a while since i posted on here. kinda had a hard few weeks.

We were granted perm visas few weeks back.

Mum passed away last week.

Dad has no other relatives in UK.

Can we take him with us, if so how, any links please.

Cheers Steve

Hiyas to all by the way

Old Sep 6th 2004, 4:13 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: < Problem ? >

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au

Gday,

Cheers Steve

Hiyas to all by the way

Really sorry to hear that. All the very best with your move. Hopefully you can bring your Dad over on the 'balance of family' test.

Hope all goes well.
Old Sep 6th 2004, 4:22 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Gday to you too.
I am sure you will have no problems with your dad going with you but how long it will take i don't know. JAJ is online why dont you try p/m him.
good luck
Old Sep 6th 2004, 4:46 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Bl**dy hell, why can't people have good news followed by good news. Sorry Timber. Really sorry about your mum. Hopefully you can get your dad out with you.
Old Sep 6th 2004, 4:54 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Gday,

Cheers Steve

Hiyas to all by the way

Sorry to hear about your mum,
Hope your dad can go with you all,
Good luck
Donna x
Old Sep 6th 2004, 6:21 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Gday,

Cheers Steve

Hiyas to all by the way
Sorry to hear that.
You should have a look at this. DIMIA only 'budget' for 1000 parent visas per year and I've read that it can take years to get a visa this way.
I hope you can work something out.
Old Sep 6th 2004, 6:27 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Gday,

Cheers Steve

Hiyas to all by the way

Steve
Sorry about your mum.

Your father could probably go on a parent contributory visa.
He would need to pass the balance of family test.
You could sponsor him when you are resident in Australia but I am not sure if you have to be there two years first. You would certainly need two year's tax returns to act as assurer.
The fees are quite high but the visa only takes a few months to get once he is eligible.

Hope this helps

G
Old Sep 6th 2004, 9:01 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

I am really sorry, that's terrible news Steve, I hope you can take your dad over with you

Hang in there mate

ACE
Old Sep 7th 2004, 1:27 am
Just Joined

Cestrian is an unknown quantity at this point

Would he be eligible for a Last Remaining Relative visa?
Old Sep 7th 2004, 2:18 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Gday,

Cheers Steve

Hiyas to all by the way

Sorry to hear about your mum ( words are a bit meaningless aren't they..don't know how I would cope losing mine, my gran was bad enough because I was really close to her.. anyway sorry, it must be hard on both you and your dad)

Anyway, you being PR, and if your dad is above retirement age I think ( or I've always been led to believe this) you can sponsor him. Ask JAJ for the rules on this.

Good luck
Old Sep 7th 2004, 2:46 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Sorry to hear about your news Steve. Like the others have said, try and get some info about the parent cont. visa, sounds like your best bet. You can get long stay tourist visas, so that may also be something to consider in the interim?
Old Sep 7th 2004, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Steve & Debs
Really sorry to hear your bad news. Dont know what to say really, except I hope that everything works out for you and that you are able to take your dad with you.

Kind regards
Debs
Old Sep 7th 2004, 6:54 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys

Bit of a shitter bringing this subject up, but had to ask.

I did email JAJ and he replied, doesnt look to hopeful.

Seems , and i dont mean to be trivial :

Its easier to get 4 newfoundland dogs into australia, bit of frontline and a bloodtest, cpl certificates and BANG ur in.

An elderley Dad with not one single relative in uk, no chance.

Dont know if this helps but he has 2 brothers ( step ) that have lived in Australia since late 60's, went in on the £10 pom.

Would that constitute as being grounds for repatriation in Australia, and a way for him to move with us.

I just get this awful feeling, soon as I jump on the plane, he will grieve and possibly deteriorate.

Steve
Old Sep 7th 2004, 6:59 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys

Bit of a shitter bringing this subject up, but had to ask.

I did email JAJ and he replied, doesnt look to hopeful.

Seems , and i dont mean to be trivial :

Its easier to get 4 newfoundland dogs into australia, bit of frontline and a bloodtest, cpl certificates and BANG ur in.

An elderley Dad with not one single relative in uk, no chance.

Dont know if this helps but he has 2 brothers ( step ) that have lived in Australia since late 60's, went in on the £10 pom.

Would that constitute as being grounds for repatriation in Australia, and a way for him to move with us.

I just get this awful feeling, soon as I jump on the plane, he will grieve and possibly deteriorate.

Steve
Steve
If you are his only child then I stillthink that the parent contributory visa would be possible in a couple of years time.
Is there a problem with that. Surely Jeremy would have suggested that.

Good luck

G
Old Sep 7th 2004, 7:11 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Steve,

I dont know the answers to your questions but I wanted to say I am very sorry to hear that you have lost your Mum.

Take care,
Lucy
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.