Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Primary school recommendations in Melbourne?

Primary school recommendations in Melbourne?

Old May 8th 2009, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Kassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to all
Default Re: Primary school recommendations in Melbourne?

Originally Posted by ossigeno
These are both great schools. You can't do much better than these, state or private. But the catchment areas are extremely small.
Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
I would correct this statement by saying stay clear of being right on the Dandenong road - but don't rule out this side of Malvern if you can afford it

(Prices started at $1.8m+) The train journey is 12 mins (ie Caulfield too Parliament).

The Hawthorn border with Burnely is more Richmond (smaller plots/more flats/units). Busy roads main and side roads.

Have a look at Glen Iris (tree lined, well located for trams, trains and access to and from the city by city link).

You might also wish to look at Armadale but house plots get smaller (but access to city is faster).
Thanks once again for being so helpful, everyone!

Hebe have sent you a PM..

Will look at Glen Iris as well.

$1.8m+ eh? - I've dug into my pocket so deep, now there's a hole in it... Fat chance us spending so much on a house....do you think the FHOG will go up to 1.799M++?

btw are those prices after the "fall"?!
Old May 9th 2009, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

ossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Kassy
Thanks once again for being so helpful, everyone!

Hebe have sent you a PM..

Will look at Glen Iris as well.

$1.8m+ eh? - I've dug into my pocket so deep, now there's a hole in it... Fat chance us spending so much on a house....do you think the FHOG will go up to 1.799M++?

btw are those prices after the "fall"?!
Fall is only just starting to happen in these areas. Rents are not too bad. We rented a $1.5M house in Hawthorn for $3000/month.
Old May 9th 2009, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kassy
Thanks GG....

BTW are there any streets/roads that we should steer clear off (e.g. crime hotspots) in these areas:

Hawthorn
Hawthorn East
Kew
Kew East
Malvern
Camberwell

Am nervous as it would just be myself and the kids initially and I've never stayed alone before
As an ex-cop that used to work at Hawthorn Police Station (a long time ago), you are pretty safe around the Hawthorn/Camberwell/Kew areas although they do have a higher burglary rate as the general demographic is fairly well off.
Old May 10th 2009, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Kassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Deancm
As an ex-cop that used to work at Hawthorn Police Station (a long time ago), you are pretty safe around the Hawthorn/Camberwell/Kew areas although they do have a higher burglary rate as the general demographic is fairly well off.
Thanks. Is there is website that publishes crime statistics by area (you can tell I am a big scaredy cat)?