Price of Scotch

Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

BarneyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Price of Scotch

Whilst checking out container sizes for the move is was wondering what is the price of a good Scottish malt in Oz? 40,50,60,70+ and is there much to choose from?

Is it worth bringing some
Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:33 am
Not two zombies

Mongrol will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Price of Scotch

If you go to one of the big bottleshops (1st Choice/Dan Murphys) you'll find prices are fairly comparable to the UK. 40bucks for black label but start heading towards Laphroaig, McCallan and it's ilk and you're looking at around 70 and upwards. This is acceptable as in the UK I'd never spend less than 25 quid on a bottle. The range at these bottleshops is surprisingly good too, not as extensive as a good scottish shop but I still find malts I've never heard of here.

Definitely bring your own but watch the duty limit. I also find I don't nearly as much whisky here but that may be due to the change in lifestyle, less binge weekends but also the heat makes me drink lots of beer.