Perth Suburbs

Old Apr 23rd 2007, 10:45 am
Just Joined

SPLINTER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Perth Suburbs

Hi all my wife and I are planning to move to Perth in June and we have a rental property provided for us courtesy of my wifes brother in Yokine. I have been combing the forums and have found no mention of Yokine in any of the forums ,it is just 6km from the city and looks pretty nice . Any one been there ? What about Huntingdale and Dianella also , any comments appreciated as we would be looking to buy in the first six months of arrival .
Regards
Splinter
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:13 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth Suburbs

Originally Posted by SPLINTER
Hi all my wife and I are planning to move to Perth in June and we have a rental property provided for us courtesy of my wifes brother in Yokine. I have been combing the forums and have found no mention of Yokine in any of the forums ,it is just 6km from the city and looks pretty nice . Any one been there ? What about Huntingdale and Dianella also , any comments appreciated as we would be looking to buy in the first six months of arrival .
Regards
Splinter
I don't know any of the areas really but on the map they are all "borderline". For example - Mount Lawley - posh / expensive inner city living, Bassendean - bogan - all by reputation only. Yokine is sort of in between. It could be they are one of those burbs that is nice one side and not so nice the other (all though I have yet to find anywhere rough by UK standards). Dianella rings a bell as cheap but I could quite easily be confusing it with somewhere else.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:25 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Here's some info on Yokine............

The name Yokine was derived from the Aboriginal word meaning native dog. The name was chosen because the area is close to the suburb Dog Swamp. Its post code is 6060.

Yokine was part of the grant originally allocated to TRC Walters in 1840. Western Australian Golf Limited owned Yokine from at least 1927 and subdivided a small portion of land near the golf course. Before World War II the only house in Yokine was at the eastern end of Royal Street. Yokine experienced a housing boom after the war and much of the area near the golf course was developed by the early 1950s. The southern area grew rapidly in the 1960s and by the late 1970s Yokine was almost completely developed.

http://www.aussiemove.com/sub/suburb.asp?f=0&c=7&a=227

http://reiwa.com/for-sale/Yokine/

http://www.stirling.wa.gov.au/home/c...rbs/Yokine.htm

Good luck
Neil.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 12:29 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Regards
Splinter

Nice area, youll be fine there.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

Yokine is fine and very near the city centre. Certainly one of the better areas in that part of Perth.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:17 am
Just Joined

SPLINTER is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys for the information on this area , I thought it looked nice .
Regards Splinter
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
I don't know any of the areas really but on the map they are all "borderline". For example - Mount Lawley - posh / expensive inner city living, Bassendean - bogan - all by reputation only. Yokine is sort of in between. It could be they are one of those burbs that is nice one side and not so nice the other (all though I have yet to find anywhere rough by UK standards). Dianella rings a bell as cheap but I could quite easily be confusing it with somewhere else.
nowhere rough obviously not been to mirrabooka or girrawheen then
Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

shade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really nice

Also look around Dianella- Morley,Noranda all nice area's.
Also look at Averley & Ellenbrook a bit further out but new suberbs.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:41 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clougherty family
nowhere rough obviously not been to mirrabooka or girrawheen then
both of the suburbs you mention have nothing on my local town.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:52 am
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Regards
Splinter
Yokine's fine, just next to the very affluent Tuart Hill. A couple of my Chefs live there and my boss had his second cafe there on Wanneroo rd until last year. Will be a good central point for exploration, just remember Perth extends south of the river as well.........to a lot of poms it doesn't exist!

Last edited by wavy_davy; Apr 25th 2007 at 12:56 am.