Reload this Page >

Price of living in Perth

Price of living in Perth

Old Jan 23rd 2009, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

safedisk is on a distinguished road
Default Price of living in Perth

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could give us an approximate rundown of how much bills, food etc are in Perth.

We are 2 adults and 2 children and trying to work out how much things will cost us when we do go.

Thanks
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 9:45 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Price of living in Perth

From what I have heard food is more expensive in WA, then over East. But most other things will be similar to other cost of living threads.

Old Jan 24th 2009, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by safedisk
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could give us an approximate rundown of how much bills, food etc are in Perth.

We are 2 adults and 2 children and trying to work out how much things will cost us when we do go.

Thanks
Give or take, work on the same as the UK but be prepared for a few shocks.

Rental is relatively expensive as are mobile phones (not just the cost but the terms and conditions) - these two stand out for me at the minute!
Old Jan 24th 2009, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

Ozbound08 has a spectacular aura aboutOzbound08 has a spectacular aura aboutOzbound08 has a spectacular aura about

Hi,

Thanks

Hi, I think generally it is cheaper to live out here, we came out last June and our bills do generally seem cheaper than in the Uk, Petrol is definately its currently around 95c a litre and we pay $110 every month for our phone/internet which isn't bad as I phone home all the time and am on the phone for an hour at a time to England gas and electric seem cheaper but we haven't had a bill yet since we have had our air con on! I pay around $200 per week on food shopping, we are a family of 3. Eating out is quite expensive around the same as the Uk although you can eat in the shopping malls, when you are out for around $8 each. Any how good luck with everything and I hope this has helped you!
Old Jan 24th 2009, 7:50 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks
It really varies from suburb to suburb. If you live in Cottesloe or Peppermint Grove you will pay much much more than if you lived in Girrawheen or Armadale.

Start by giving us some idea where you will be working and where you are looking to live...north, south, hills.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

I actually find Perth a LOT more expensive that uk.................
Old Jan 24th 2009, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of

Living in perth the cost's are what you spend it on ....if you must have english food it WILL be very dear ...... if you shop around it can be cheaper than the UK

For example we used to spend $250 a week on shopping but now its more like $140 a week, and yes the Freezer and cupboards are full (family of 4)

I do a lot more cooking from scratch, Hubby brews his own beer and spirits so that saves a lot

As for electric and gas its cheaper here, petrol is cheap

Ann