Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Price of flights increase July to Sept

Price of flights increase July to Sept

Old May 1st 2004, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Default Price of flights increase July to Sept

I have been ringing around to check flights and one thing I have noticed is the prices go up fromm 30th June to mid September. I suppose this is because of school holidays. Our will be one way but daughter is on a return flight and we have been quoted £950 rtn.

Bloody rediculous!

Mandy
Old May 1st 2004, 2:20 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Price of flights increase July to Sept

Originally posted by scrawni
I have been ringing around to check flights and one thing I have noticed is the prices go up fromm 30th June to mid September. I suppose this is because of school holidays. Our will be one way but daughter is on a return flight and we have been quoted £950 rtn.

Bloody rediculous!

Mandy
1. Its peak season for travel to & from the UK & Europe anyway. I guess partly because of the school holidays.
2. The Olympics probably have helped to push the prices to the rest of Europe up as well.

Ce la vie.
Old May 1st 2004, 2:25 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody rediculous!

Mandy

Look at the rates posted for Singapore Airlines & Malaysian Airlines posted here - they are far cheaper than 950GBP return even through the Summer:

http://www.leestravel.co.uk

If you do book with this consolidator though, you will have to pay in full within 14 days of making your booking. They are good - we used to live in Singapore and many fellow Brits had their friends and relatives buying tickets with Lees Travel and they are 'kosher'.

Hope this helps!
Old May 1st 2004, 4:11 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Englishmum
Look at the rates posted for Singapore Airlines & Malaysian Airlines posted here - they are far cheaper than 950GBP return even through the Summer:

http://www.leestravel.co.uk

If you do book with this consolidator though, you will have to pay in full within 14 days of making your booking. They are good - we used to live in Singapore and many fellow Brits had their friends and relatives buying tickets with Lees Travel and they are 'kosher'.

Hope this helps!
Ive just booked flights Manchester - Sydney return June- July.
Cost £490 plus tax with Malaysian but others such as Singapore,BA etc. available at same price also fro London if you prefer.

Try
www.airnet.com

Good luck

G
Old May 1st 2004, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Japan Airlines operate different seasons so can be cheaper in our summer. I found www.travelbag.com the most useful and close to cheapest.

Lesley
Old May 1st 2004, 9:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody rediculous!

Mandy
Fares from aus seem very expensive this year its not even summer peak season yet and most agents cant find us a seat out at less than $2600 taxes inc, which is pretty similar to what they have quoted you sterling. We can get airlines you would not dream of using in October!! by paying in advance a lot cheaper but thats school term. If as others suggested you can get out for 500 sterling then grab it, they are prices those of us in aus could only dream of, never ceases to amaze me that aus can and does charge almost double for the same airlines same trip!!
Old May 2nd 2004, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Ive seen Qantas charge maybe 200 quid more than BA on a return ticket from London. This was for the same codeshared flight offered on eBookers!