Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Price of day to day items. UK V Aus

Price of day to day items. UK V Aus

Old May 25th 2003, 12:45 am
Just Joined

Beach Bums is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Penguins!

Definitely, I dont believe you can pick up a Penguin over here! Stock up now! Hurry while stocks last!! etc etc...............
Old May 25th 2003, 1:27 am
Just Joined

Redback is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you're being unfair. Karawara was simply trying to post useful info. which he did. Thats the idea behind a forum. I think you need to chill out a bit....
I also think the guys being unfair, read postings before deletion (and I dont blame the guys) all points by all parties were valid but the snide comments by the Beach Bum are uncalled for on this or any other forum. If anyone is a whingeing pom surly its him.

Megawho, you are right when you say, "there are both good and bad points to living here, but apparently unless you think everything here is 100% wonderful, you're a sad loser who should be ignored". Sad truth of the matter Beach bum is one of the bad points, an An obnoxious whingeing pom.

Last edited by Redback; May 25th 2003 at 1:35 am.
Old May 25th 2003, 2:38 am
Keelie

I'll throw this in just for good measure.
Two Aussie boys stayed with us for a month last winter. They were taking advanced ski lessons..yeah I know, Aussies ski-ing?
Anyway, they went nuts with their credit cards buying up ski's, Canadian-made ski gear...jackets, parkas, ski-boots etc., also tents and camping equipment.

They said that these items were definitely at least half the price, and twice the quality of what they could find in Oz.
Someone might find this information useful?

Old May 25th 2003, 5:59 am
Just Joined

Beach Bums is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Redback
I also think the guys being unfair, read postings before deletion (and I dont blame the guys) all points by all parties were valid but the snide comments by the Beach Bum are uncalled for on this or any other forum. If anyone is a whingeing pom surly its him.
Hmmm, please explain yourself Redback (you're not Kawabunga & Bigdipper in disguise....again are you?) - I find your comments a little confusing!