Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pretty cheesed off

Pretty cheesed off

Old Aug 13th 2006, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light
Angry Pretty cheesed off

Where were all the people that said they were going to the Manchester Meet last night??????

Me and Kath, John and Mandy, Ged and Jackie (from Liverpool!) and Mindblower (Dave) were the only people who could be bothered to turn up for this meet. (It was not as though this meet was organised last week, so people had PLENTY of notice.......)

What few of us there was, we made a good night/morning of it. Pity there was not more people there to wish John & Mandy, Ged & Jackie farewell, as they are leaving this country in a couple of weeks.

"Best of luck to the four of you" from Dave, Kath, Mindblower and I am sure plenty of B.E. members.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:04 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pretty cheesed off

Originally Posted by daveandkathh
Where were all the people that said they were going to the Manchester Meet last night??????

Me and Kath, John and Mandy, Ged and Jackie (from Liverpool!) and Mindblower (Dave) were the only people who could be bothered to turn up for this meet. (It was not as though this meet was organised last week, so people had PLENTY of notice.......)

What few of us there was, we made a good night/morning of it. Pity there was not more people there to wish John & Mandy, Ged & Jackie farewell, as they are leaving this country in a couple of weeks.

"Best of luck to the four of you" from Dave, Kath, Mindblower and I am sure plenty of B.E. members.
lol - Dear The BBC!

Don't take it personally - people have lives that often interupt plans, or they may have got cold feet or simply decided they didn't fancy it - doesn't make 'em bad people.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

And didn't you change the venue or something at the last minute
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:56 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
And didn't you change the venue or something at the last minute
You beat me to it Polly. I was just about the ask the same!
Old Aug 13th 2006, 11:05 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

i think if there was to be a meet that we could all take the kids to (like the one lacey organised) then maybe a few more people could of come

we would love to come to a meet but cant leave the kids out

anyway GOOD LUCK to John & Mandy, Ged & Jackie have a great new life

jan xx
Old Aug 13th 2006, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by robos
i think if there was to be a meet that we could all take the kids to (like the one lacey organised) then maybe a few more people could of come

we would love to come to a meet but cant leave the kids out

anyway GOOD LUCK to John & Mandy, Ged & Jackie have a great new life

jan xx

Agree with you 100% Jan.

Yes the venue was changed at the last minute (circumstances beyond anybodys control) but to a venue only yards away.....

This thread was not intended to 'P' anyone off, I was just saying I was dissapointed at the number of people who could not make it!
Old Aug 14th 2006, 1:00 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

sorry i couldnt make it.

I had poker with mates the night before til 5am, then up at 8.30 for full dys work sat and then went to utd match v seville which finished at 5pm got 2 buses to get home, cooked tea and massaged clare as per treatment and collapsed.

I was really sorry not to have gone, but you never know how life will pan out on the day.

I wish all 4 of them a great life in oz, and will no doubt keep in touch with people if they are in the right areas of sydney.

Clare couldnt come again as she still has m.e. and was tired, all though she may make them towards and just after xmas.

Best wishes Ged and co and hedgehogs.

al and clare.xx
Old Aug 14th 2006, 2:54 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Hi there.
Been there done that.
i organised a Manchester meet before we left the UK and loads said they would come and didnt what is it with people eh!!!
Glad you all had a good time, good luck with everything.
Australia is bloody fab.
Paula.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 2:57 am
Banned

alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cantwait
Hi there.
Been there done that.
i organised a Manchester meet before we left the UK and loads said they would come and didnt what is it with people eh!!!
Glad you all had a good time, good luck with everything.
Australia is bloody fab.
Paula.
see above, lol
Old Aug 14th 2006, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Originally Posted by alkristensen
see above, lol
I did.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 3:23 am
Banned

Originally Posted by cantwait
I did.
then you will see that i had a night out with my mates and a night in with my fiance.

Ive met these people once, and if i move to sydney and they do i will meet up with them there. I think hedgehogs will but i dont think geds are, both lovely couples and would love them as friends

(gonna regret saying this but)While im near to my real lifetime friends and family im going to see them over anyone else, cherish every last moment with them, and if on the day or the night a poker night has been arranged by friends who have done loads and supported me over the long amount of years i have known them, and at last minute get a free ticket to a football game(in my last season of not having to get up at 3am) to watch united then i am going to choose that over people that i may never see again as most of the manchester meet were going to perth or qld and the whole purpose of these meets for me are to meet people going to where you are going, so hopefully when you get there you can share a common interest o being friendless and miles away from your lifetime friends and family.

I know there is an element of all togetheness, fighting for a common cause (o getting in to oz), there for support etc etc etc, but eveyone has a different stance from what they want from a meet, and itd be easier i think to organise meets in the direction of where you are going,

I.e.
Anyone from manchester going to sydney next year fancy a pint?

at least then there is some common ground and at the end of the day you may meet people that you could possibly meet again in the future.

To sum it all up, a the moment i have too many friends and not enough time to enjoy them all and if one calls the night of an expats meet, i know whih one would win every time.

later on i may have no friends and then ll do something abbout it.

p.s. im not speaking for clare here ,and she can easily sway my judgement on most things so i never say never aabout anything

alk.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 5:04 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

this happens a lot. u would be shocked at the amount of people who turn up at the meet but are too scared to take that last big step !!!!!
we just had a meet on the GC yesterday and the muppets booked 3 tables. we could have filled another three, but u can never tell how many will turn up.
we had some in sydney where about 40 turned up and sometimes about 20. u can never tell. just one of those things that happen.
good luck with your next meet.
2 tips for ya.
send everyone a pm about the event

if they cant make it, tell them only to reply via PM. it only takes 2 posters who cant make it, then people look at the thread and think no one can make it
Old Aug 16th 2006, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by soapy
this happens a lot. u would be shocked at the amount of people who turn up at the meet but are too scared to take that last big step !!!!!
we just had a meet on the GC yesterday and the muppets booked 3 tables. we could have filled another three, but u can never tell how many will turn up.
we had some in sydney where about 40 turned up and sometimes about 20. u can never tell. just one of those things that happen.
good luck with your next meet.
2 tips for ya.
send everyone a pm about the event

if they cant make it, tell them only to reply via PM. it only takes 2 posters who cant make it, then people look at the thread and think no one can make it

Good, solid, sound advise........ Thanks for ALL the replys
TTFN
Dave and Kath
Old Aug 17th 2006, 5:30 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Good, solid, sound advise........ Thanks for ALL the replys
TTFN
Dave and Kath
your welcome