Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Presents for last Xmas in the UK

Presents for last Xmas in the UK

Old Nov 12th 2004, 10:56 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Presents for last Xmas in the UK

A follow up to my Christmas Day in Aus thread. For those of you still in the UK but hoping to get out to Aus in 2005 what are you buying everyone that is going with you for presents this year. Obviously bulky stuff or anything else that you cannot take (plants etc) is off the list. Pinkpussycat and I are planning to buy each other loads of DVD's of top British comedy (2 Pints of Lager, Phoenix Nights, Monty Python etc). But what do we get the little one (DVD's too)?

The touchy question is what do you ask family to buy, especially those that you haven't yet told you are emigrating. On a lighthearted note, how about these for starters:

An akubra hat
copy of the Queensland highway code
a BBQ cook book
2 pairs of flip flops (one for best)

(or is that too subtle? )
Old Nov 12th 2004, 11:12 am
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Presents for last Xmas in the UK

Originally Posted by worzel
A follow up to my Christmas Day in Aus thread. For those of you still in the UK but hoping to get out to Aus in 2005 what are you buying everyone that is going with you for presents this year. Obviously bulky stuff or anything else that you cannot take (plants etc) is off the list. Pinkpussycat and I are planning to buy each other loads of DVD's of top British comedy (2 Pints of Lager, Phoenix Nights, Monty Python etc). But what do we get the little one (DVD's too)?

The touchy question is what do you ask family to buy, especially those that you haven't yet told you are emigrating. On a lighthearted note, how about these for starters:

An akubra hat
copy of the Queensland highway code
a BBQ cook book
2 pairs of flip flops (one for best)

(or is that too subtle? )
We are in a similar quandry. This is our last xmas here before we head back to Oz. So family and friends who know we are going are all asking what is suitable etc... it is really hard to think of things to suggest that will travel OK when our stuff gets shipped out....
Old Nov 12th 2004, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future
Default Re: Presents for last Xmas in the UK

How about travel vouchers? I know Trailfinders do a scheme for people to contribute to a travel fund for people getting married instead of a wedding list.