Pregnant in Oz.

Old Nov 13th 2008, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light
Default Pregnant in Oz.

Hi this is Stu's wife Louise and i was wondering if someone out there could shed some light on what medicare means for someone who's pregnant and on a 457 visa.
I was led to believe that having reciprocal health care covered the costs of pregnancy. I have paid for a scan but was able to claim some back. Stuart has since heard that we might not be entitled to this much and should be paying for more. I tried talking to someone at Medicare but she was talking in riddles. We didn't want to think that we were getting things for nothing then having a huge bill sent to us at the end of the pregnancy. We are registered at a bulk billing doctors and they assured me that there was no extra costs. Can any one help us try to understand whats going on ? I'm confused!!!

Louise
Old Nov 13th 2008, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pregnant in Oz.

my girlfriend ( mate) is expecting next month - as far as i am aware she hasn't had to pay for

anything she has claimed it back on medicare i think she phoned medicare and then put her on the system and she now doesn't pay for anything
Old Nov 13th 2008, 2:28 am
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
my girlfriend ( mate) is expecting next month - as far as i am aware she hasn't had to pay for

anything she has claimed it back on medicare i think she phoned medicare and then put her on the system and she now doesn't pay for anything
She's been bloody lucky then, so far I've had to pay for all my scans at $200 a time. I think I get about $60 back from the next one though but the others have been non-claimable despite being requested by the Doctor. Thankfully my care is being handed over to the hospital shortly so I "shouldn't" have anything else to pay for after that. Apparently.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffieFaerie
She's been bloody lucky then, so far I've had to pay for all my scans at $200 a time. I think I get about $60 back from the next one though but the others have been non-claimable despite being requested by the Doctor. Thankfully my care is being handed over to the hospital shortly so I "shouldn't" have anything else to pay for after that. Apparently.
Yes, I'm surprised, I had to pay for the two scans I had (of which Medicare paid a % back but not all of it) plus GP check up appts as normal.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light

Are you guys on 457's ?

Stu (daddy)
Old Nov 13th 2008, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

No we were on 136 at the time...... not sure what hitchcock's mate was on to get everything paid for!!
Old Nov 13th 2008, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

see post 9

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=572591
Old Nov 13th 2008, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stu Ward
Are you guys on 457's ?

Stu (daddy)
she was/is on a 457
Old Nov 13th 2008, 5:42 am
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Stu Ward
Are you guys on 457's ?

Stu (daddy)
Nope, I'm a permenant resident