Reload this Page >

pregnancy and 457

pregnancy and 457

Old May 23rd 2006, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

shelley77 will become famous soon enough
Default pregnancy and 457

hi

although nothing decided yet regarding pregnancy just wondering if anyone can give advice on what the process is regarding me being a spouse on the 457 visa and if i got pregnant, and if in 1-2 years time we go for PR with the employer does having a baby complicate the process?

thanks
Old May 23rd 2006, 6:22 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pregnancy and 457

Originally Posted by shelley77
hi

although nothing decided yet regarding pregnancy just wondering if anyone can give advice on what the process is regarding me being a spouse on the 457 visa and if i got pregnant, and if in 1-2 years time we go for PR with the employer does having a baby complicate the process?

thanks
Having a baby won't complicate things but as soon as you 'apply' for PR while on a 457 Visa you are entitled to full medicare anyway. JAJ (whos posts regularly on here and really knows his stuff) informed us of this so its worth looking into!

HTH

Rach xxxx
Old May 23rd 2006, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

shelley77 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tygwyn
Having a baby won't complicate things but as soon as you 'apply' for PR while on a 457 Visa you are entitled to full medicare anyway. JAJ (whos posts regularly on here and really knows his stuff) informed us of this so its worth looking into!

HTH

Rach xxxx

would it be better to wait till we get PR before we think of a baby then??? wouldnt we need to do medicals and such when we go for PR and would that be a problem if i were pregnant?
Old May 23rd 2006, 6:30 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shelley77
would it be better to wait till we get PR before we think of a baby then??? wouldnt we need to do medicals and such when we go for PR and would that be a problem if i were pregnant?
The only time it creates a problem is when you have to have an X Ray (if you are pregnant at the time) - there are plenty of people on here who have been through the procedure while pregnant so I'm sure someone will be able to give you advice better than I can.