Pre schools?

Old Aug 6th 2003, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

Slap is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pre schools?

My husband and I are planning to move to Sunshine coast next year with our 15 month old little boy. As I am not planning to work right away I will not need childcare but wondered what pre school /play groups are available. I know children start school later so does that mean children start pre school later also?I feel it would be important for him socially and help me meet people too! Any info much appreciated.
Old Aug 6th 2003, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

porkchop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pre schools?

Originally posted by Slap
My husband and I are planning to move to Sunshine coast next year with our 15 month old little boy. As I am not planning to work right away I will not need childcare but wondered what pre school /play groups are available. I know children start school later so does that mean children start pre school later also?I feel it would be important for him socially and help me meet people too! Any info much appreciated.

Try this link

http://www.bne.catholic.edu.au/pub/News/siena_story.htm

PC
Old Aug 7th 2003, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all
Default Re: Pre schools?

In WA they can start Kindy in the January of a year as long as they are 4 by the end of June that year. That is part time either 2 full days or 4 1/2 days. The next January they will be in preschool which is full time.

There are loads of playgroups n' stuff around. Some are structured, some are just a free play thing but at least it gets the kids mixing.

Good luck
Diane
Old Aug 7th 2003, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

For Pre school in QLD they need to have turned 4 by the previous December 31 (start end jan). Most pre schools have a couple of years waiting list so get name down once you decide where to live. Pre school is part time equivalent of 2.5 days per week.
School Grade 1 starts the jan after they turn 5 however you can hold them back to 6.

Childcare centres offer pre school progrmmes too. Playgroup is a mum/kid type thing and there is a brilliant one on the Sunshine Coast at Mons on Buderim. Fantastic facilities and huge shade trees so the kids can get outside. Plenty of others elsewhere too.

Not many kindergartens for 3 year olds here and the few that are here book up at birth. Probably child care centre or playgroup for that age group is best bet.

Last edited by dotty; Aug 7th 2003 at 1:21 am.
Old Aug 7th 2003, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Tracey101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Dotty - was interested to hear your views.

We are going to Brisbane next month (house sale permitting!) Our daughter is 3 1/2 years at the moment and goes to a pre-school 2 mornings a week here. Unfortunately she isn't 4 until January so will miss the cut-off date for pre-schools in Brisbane.

Are there any alternatives for her - I don't want her to wait another year before she can attend.

Thanks for your help