Reload this Page >

Pre-pay Mobiles.

Pre-pay Mobiles.

Old Jul 7th 2003, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

stotty is on a distinguished road
Default Pre-pay Mobiles.

Hiya,

Anyone know if UK pre-pay mobiles (T mobile) will work in Oz? Going for a pre-emigration visit to Adelaide in a few weeks and was wondering if it's worth taking. Thanks.

Steve.
Old Jul 7th 2003, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

The Jacksons is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes they will work but it costs a fortune if anyone rings from the UK unsuspectingly - they pay and you pay to receive the call. Hubby kept his switched off and then on just to take off his text messages. Check with T mobile - they will tell how much to receive/use phone in OZ. BTW when you go permenantly you can have your pay as you go phone unlocked and then put a new Ozzie pay as you go sim card in when you get there.

Jacko
Old Jul 7th 2003, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info.

I'll mainly be using it to keep in touch with people in Oz while I'm there so I'll just warn folks here not to call me while I'm away!

Good news about being able to convert it when I go permanently too - I'll probably have enough to fork out for during the first few months as it is

Steve.
Old Jul 7th 2003, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

rajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by stotty
Thanks for the info.

I'll mainly be using it to keep in touch with people in Oz while I'm there so I'll just warn folks here not to call me while I'm away!

Good news about being able to convert it when I go permanently too - I'll probably have enough to fork out for during the first few months as it is

Steve.
Another opion/ idea: :You could buy a pre pay sim card while here on your short trip too. Eg a virgin sim card costs approx $29 with approx $29 dollars of credit!. You can then use it for calls here especially if you will make approx $29 of calls while here. Then you will have an oz mobile phone no to give out to mates on your return back downunder.
Hope this makes sense!. Virgin prepay cost is 24c / 30 seconds.
Old Jul 7th 2003, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we have just arrived and bought $29 prepay. Used it within 4 days trying to find houses and cars, recharged them easily at newsagents. You need a phone number when you arrive and so glad we were contactable so soon.

Cheers
Mash...

Originally posted by rajj
Another opion/ idea: :You could buy a pre pay sim card while here on your short trip too. Eg a virgin sim card costs approx $29 with approx $29 dollars of credit!. You can then use it for calls here especially if you will make approx $29 of calls while here. Then you will have an oz mobile phone no to give out to mates on your return back downunder.
Hope this makes sense!. Virgin prepay cost is 24c / 30 seconds.
Old Jul 7th 2003, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers guys - I like the sound of that even better!

Steve.