Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pre July 136 Skilled Independant !!!!

Pre July 136 Skilled Independant !!!!

Old Oct 21st 2004, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

thebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the rough
Angry Pre July 136 Skilled Independant !!!!

Hello all in the same boat !!!

just thought id let you know that i ranf dimia today
and as of yet we still have no case officer !!!

we are in week 41 and it dosent look as if well will have
any sort of movement in the near future !!!

i also spoke to my agent who says that he hasnt got a clue whats going on over in aspc !!

what with the xmas holidays as well i dont hold out much hope
to get it within the recomended 50 weeks

has anyone who applied in novenber or december had a co given or meds requested ?????

as no one seems to have a clue how far bhind the 50 weeks things are running and at the moment i could pull off my own leg i feel so

uuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh !!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 21st 2004, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Pre July 136 Skilled Independant !!!!

Hi the Barkers

I'm not sure if you really want to hear this but we are Nov 22nd applicants and have just received our visas this week, do you have the full 115 points needed at the time or are you in the pool? I'm so sorry it's taken you so long, I know the wait is unbearable and that was even when stuff was happening. I must say that we did have to prompt our CO on occassion but if you haven't even got a CO you can't do that. You are certain that they do have your paper work aren't you?

I really do feel for you and hope that things start happening soon.

Lindsey
Old Oct 21st 2004, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

thebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lindseyden
Hi the Barkers

I'm not sure if you really want to hear this but we are Nov 22nd applicants and have just received our visas this week, do you have the full 115 points needed at the time or are you in the pool? I'm so sorry it's taken you so long, I know the wait is unbearable and that was even when stuff was happening. I must say that we did have to prompt our CO on occassion but if you haven't even got a CO you can't do that. You are certain that they do have your paper work aren't you?

I really do feel for you and hope that things start happening soon.

Lindsey
hi lindsey

god yours took a while too !!!

they have all the paper work and they also have the pc and meds
we have just had to apply for the pcs again as the others are about to
run out!!!

how long between getting the co and the visa did you have to wait ??
Old Oct 21st 2004, 9:21 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by thebarkers
hi lindsey

god yours took a while too !!!

they have all the paper work and they also have the pc and meds
we have just had to apply for the pcs again as the others are about to
run out!!!

how long between getting the co and the visa did you have to wait ??
Hi

I am not sure how to put but if you see the austimeline there are still lots of people waiting for the meds. I am afraid they are way behind the timeline. I am also concerned whether they would be able to meet the 50weeks deadline. Although I am optimistic but lets face the reality we haven't got a clue what's going on ASPC. Based on there previous response they should have cleared all the modl by october I don't see that happening either.

The best we can do is to wait for the 50 weeks to go by and then call them.

Cheers
Badri
Old Oct 21st 2004, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Hi again

We heard about our CO in July, that was about 7 months after application. Timeline: http://www.austimeline.com/austime/a...pp.jsp?id=1396

Lindsey
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lindseyden
Hi again

We heard about our CO in July, that was about 7 months after application. Timeline: http://www.austimeline.com/austime/a...pp.jsp?id=1396

Lindsey

we are upto 9 months 14 days with no CO assigned yet so
looks like they are
well behind !!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light

It also appears from Aus timeline that they are processing post july apps with the new points first. People on there that only applied 1-2 months ago already getting meds requested! Not happy!
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 10:53 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally Posted by thebarkers
Hello all in the same boat !!!

just thought id let you know that i ranf dimia today
and as of yet we still have no case officer !!!

we are in week 41 and it dosent look as if well will have
any sort of movement in the near future !!!

i also spoke to my agent who says that he hasnt got a clue whats going on over in aspc !!

what with the xmas holidays as well i dont hold out much hope
to get it within the recomended 50 weeks

has anyone who applied in novenber or december had a co given or meds requested ?????

as no one seems to have a clue how far bhind the 50 weeks things are running and at the moment i could pull off my own leg i feel so

uuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh !!!!!!!!!!
this so describes how I feel.... I applied in Feb and have heard nothing..So Fed up I have booked the meds for the first week in December in the hope that by then they may be a bit nearer asking for them...!! Fumin I am about the whole thing...Had we known this was in the pipeline Im sure allot of us would have waited a few more months before putting in the application eh...
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 11:25 am
Just Joined

Furry Bunny is an unknown quantity at this point

This is copied from a thread on the immigration forum, which explains pretty much what is going on:

By 30th June 2004, ASPC had started to process all UK applications lodged up to mid December 2003. This week they have started on the rest of the December lodged applications after nearly a four month suspension.

It is not quite a lottery but may seem like that. The original backlog was non-priority cases lodged mid December 03 up to 30th June 04. Then some priority cases (137, 139 and nurses) as they changed all MODL occupations to priority. All pre September MODL and 137 and 139 cases should all now have processing commenced.

New MODL (8th September 04) occupations are now a priority and technically should be pulled out before the non-priority cases are started. However, ASPC are processing both these new MODL and the non priority cases from last week.

So, if you are non-priority and lodged between mid December and end of June, you will be dealt with in lodgement date order. IF you are new MODL during this time, you should be pulled out sooner.

Other routine processing has been going on with some cases without being allocated to case officers - this is where follow-up medicals are required and some Assurance of support processing with 138 cases.

The thread is here: http://www.britishexpats.com/forum/s...d.php?t=261433