Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pound - AUD exchange rates

Pound - AUD exchange rates

Old Aug 5th 2009, 2:18 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

CDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud of
Default Re: Pound - AUD exchange rates

Originally Posted by hitchw
even so, I get 0.5% off market for any transfer... so if I called in now I would get around 2.0125 or thereabouts.... will call my broker as a matter of interest...
That sounds pretty good. Are there any fees involved on top of that? HiFX guarantee no sending or receiving fees either from themselves OR from the sending & receiving banks.

Now that I've sent the money, the rate will undoubtedly get better. Just my luck

- CDM
Old Aug 5th 2009, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CDM
That's probably the interbank rate. Those are not available to ordinary folk.

- CDM

No use to you now, but I get inter-bank rate doing transfers from HSBC UK to HSBC AU. Got 2.077 when I did a transfer of £2k the other week. I'm kicking myself now that I didn't transfer more
Old Aug 5th 2009, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

hitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nice

Originally Posted by CDM
That sounds pretty good. Are there any fees involved on top of that? HiFX guarantee no sending or receiving fees either from themselves OR from the sending & receiving banks.

Now that I've sent the money, the rate will undoubtedly get better. Just my luck

- CDM
just called in, told me 2.0129. Only time I have to pay charge is if it is under 5grand Uk. they also cover the receiving charge etc, so the amount i book is the amount that hits wherever im sending it...
Old Aug 5th 2009, 2:45 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

CDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hitchw
just called in, told me 2.0129. Only time I have to pay charge is if it is under 5grand Uk. they also cover the receiving charge etc, so the amount i book is the amount that hits wherever im sending it...
That's pretty good. You would get around AU$200 more than me on a transfer of £10,000 with that rate. But then again, the spread over any given day would amount to delta of more than that amount anyway so it's swings and roundabouts.

If think I should stop looking at the exchange rate from here on in, as it's a done deal for me now and I can only stand to get depressed if the rate gets any better ;-)

- CDM
Old Aug 5th 2009, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

hitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nice

Originally Posted by CDM
That's pretty good. You would get around AU$200 more than me on a transfer of £10,000 with that rate. But then again, the spread over any given day would amount to delta of more than that amount anyway so it's swings and roundabouts.

If think I should stop looking at the exchange rate from here on in, as it's a done deal for me now and I can only stand to get depressed if the rate gets any better ;-)

- CDM
thats the thing, whenever i have done any transfers, once I commit to it, i dont really watch the rate after, even if i do see it has come up somewhat i just think "well, i got the best rate at the time so that will do me." Hindsight is not the best trait we have.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

greghal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
Hi greg,thanks for the top tips!

So who would you recommend going with matey?
cheers jase
I use Cornhill FX www.cornhillfx.com they always give a really tight rate, about 1 cent from the interbank on about £10k and closer for larger amounts. I also have my own broker that i can always get through to.

Hope this is helpful, good luck!

By the way thanks for trading today CDM, you have already started to make the rates increase ;-)

Last edited by greghal; Aug 5th 2009 at 4:18 pm. Reason: adding more text
Old Aug 5th 2009, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice

Originally Posted by CDM
Check the fora? Can you please explain or give company name details?

- CDM
Apologies - fora or forums (search for foreign exchange) - I personally would not give a recommendation on someone I had not used - have used HIFX and happy with their service - ozforex is mentioned in other threads, plus others. If and when we sell the house and need to make a large transfer, I will be plugged into at least 2 or 3 for their rates.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 4:43 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by greghal
By the way thanks for trading today CDM, you have already started to make the rates increase ;-)
I'm not entirely sure that my measly £10,000 would have any impact. Probably considerably less than a small fraction of a percent of the overall trading volume.

Still, glad I could help

- CDM
Old Aug 6th 2009, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

kaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to all

Anybody tried Caxton FX?
Old Aug 10th 2009, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

chasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the rough

1.9663!!! Is this the lowest ever? :curse:
Old Aug 10th 2009, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chasmw
Since 1997 I believe. If I only knew what the future holds.....
Old Aug 10th 2009, 7:37 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.dailyfx.com/

Drive yourselves daft and start reading this daily.

At the moment they are predicting the AUD is nearing the top, but that's against the USD. The pound will probably keep sliding against the AUD, that being a reflection of just how much debt the UK economy has taken on with the quantative easing.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 11:06 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by CDM

- CDM
That is the best advice you can give yourself...

Old Aug 11th 2009, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CDM
Can you give some examples of who are cheaper?

- CDM
As stated earlier :

http://www.kvbkunlun.com/en/index.aspx
Old Aug 11th 2009, 5:07 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chasmw
Just shows what the financial markets/experts think of the great job NuLabour and in particular Gordon Brown has done running (ruining) the UK economy ! :curse: THanks Gordon, nice one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.