Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pound - AUD exchange rates

Pound - AUD exchange rates

Old Aug 4th 2009, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of
Default Re: Pound - AUD exchange rates

Thats for the help!
So i might as well sign up for a Westpac bank account now and transfer hifx monies straighT into there then?!?!

Again thanks

jase
Old Aug 4th 2009, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice

Can recommend that route - all went through smoothly for us. Did the deal with HIFX, then on the appointed day, transferred my money to HIFX, they then transferred the money to Westpac account.

When I arived, presented my passport, then got cards around 8 days later. Pretty smooth really.

There is nothing to stop you looking at rates on Ozforex (or signing up with more than one forex broker) and negotiating with your dealer before you make the deal. He may move a few cents...
Old Aug 4th 2009, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Check with this company too, always the best rates, sometimes by a large amount.

http://www.kvbkunlun.com/en/index.aspx
Old Aug 5th 2009, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

trainee_pilot will become famous soon enough

being totally selfish here, I think its great the rate is low as I am transferring some money back to the UK and get more pounds for dollars.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

greghal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
Thats for the help!
So i might as well sign up for a Westpac bank account now and transfer hifx monies straighT into there then?!?!

Again thanks

jase
JC if you are transferring a large amount then you should speak to them directly rather than do it online, you will be able to get a better spread, as over 2cents is a very big chunk. I used to use HIFX as they do alot of advertising so heard their name alot, after doing my own research i found that there are cheaper options out there!!!
Old Aug 5th 2009, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

Hi greg,thanks for the top tips!

So who would you recommend going with matey?
cheers jase
Old Aug 5th 2009, 8:28 am
CDM
BE Enthusiast

CDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by greghal
JC if you are transferring a large amount then you should speak to them directly rather than do it online, you will be able to get a better spread, as over 2cents is a very big chunk. I used to use HIFX as they do alot of advertising so heard their name alot, after doing my own research i found that there are cheaper options out there!!!
Can you give some examples of who are cheaper?

- CDM
Old Aug 5th 2009, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice

Originally Posted by CDM
Can you give some examples of who are cheaper?

- CDM
If you check the fora, there are various names mentioned - personally, think it's all about what you ask for and barter - after all, this is the land of the deal!!!
Old Aug 5th 2009, 9:51 am
CDM
BE Enthusiast

CDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Twinset
If you check the fora, there are various names mentioned - personally, think it's all about what you ask for and barter - after all, this is the land of the deal!!!
Check the fora? Can you please explain or give company name details?

- CDM
Old Aug 5th 2009, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

chasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the rough

It's going the right way today - just need it to maintain that momentum for a few days / weeks!
http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=G...=on&z=m&q=l&c=

(Realise that this post's relevancy is "of the moment"! To quote a classic TV programme - "Anything can happen in the next half hour!")
Old Aug 5th 2009, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

jimmie2807 will become famous soon enoughjimmie2807 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CDM
I'm planning on travelling at the end of August and we'll need funds whilst there so I have a limited window of opportunity to 'wait'.

If I keep the money in the UK bank, I'll be hit with charges to withdraw it from within Oz.

- CDM
Apparently using Paypal wont get you any charges (not done it myself).
you can put it into you paypal account then into your oz account and supposedly not incur any charges.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 1:11 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

For better or worse, I took the plunge today and ended up with 1.9914. So, my £10,000 ended up being AU$19,914.

I'm sure I'll live to regret it ... but at least I'll be regretting it in Australia ;-)

- CDM
Old Aug 5th 2009, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

hitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nice

Originally Posted by CDM
For better or worse, I took the plunge today and ended up with 1.9914. So, my £10,000 ended up being AU$19,914.

I'm sure I'll live to regret it ... but at least I'll be regretting it in Australia ;-)

- CDM
who did you get that rate from??? Sounds a bit low! Market still at 2.0164
Old Aug 5th 2009, 2:05 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hitchw
who did you get that rate from??? Sounds a bit low! Market still at 2.0164
That's probably the interbank rate. Those are not available to ordinary folk.

- CDM
Old Aug 5th 2009, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

hitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nice

Originally Posted by CDM
That's probably the interbank rate. Those are not available to ordinary folk.

- CDM
even so, I get 0.5% off market for any transfer... so if I called in now I would get around 2.0125 or thereabouts.... will call my broker as a matter of interest...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.