Pound = $ 1-64

Old Sep 7th 2011, 7:05 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pound = $ 1-64

Originally Posted by Stu Ward
Its gonna break $1.50 any day now

Stu
It did before : 27th July to 2nd August.

It's just settling back into its normal range now.
1.50 - 1.60 is about right for the moment.
There will be times where it will dip either side of that.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 11:28 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DownUnderPaddy
It did before : 27th July to 2nd August.

It's just settling back into its normal range now.
1.50 - 1.60 is about right for the moment.
There will be times where it will dip either side of that.
....but with the latest figures out of China, the absolute risk averse global situation at the moment, along with the RBA signalled rate cut and the property market finally starting to tank a bit, I'd have to revise 'normal' to heading closer to 1.70 now.

That's my prediction for the next few months anyway
Old Oct 5th 2011, 12:19 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DownUnderPaddy
....but with the latest figures out of China, the absolute risk averse global situation at the moment, along with the RBA signalled rate cut and the property market finally starting to tank a bit, I'd have to revise 'normal' to heading closer to 1.70 now.

That's my prediction for the next few months anyway

My prediction is a spike to $1.95 or maybe $2.00, between now and xmas. Then a sharp drop back to 1.50.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light

I think you guys are right.
I see another mini sept 08 coming

Worrying times
Old Oct 5th 2011, 1:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Place your bets

roll the dice.....

Only thing you can be sure of its currently as unpredictable as you can get
Old Oct 5th 2011, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
My prediction is a spike to $1.95 or maybe $2.00, between now and xmas. Then a sharp drop back to 1.50.
Possibly when the next lot of quantative easing happens which the current, and increasing amount of, chatter suggests is getting likely for Nov/Dec.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 5:48 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Possibly when the next lot of quantative easing happens which the current, and increasing amount of, chatter suggests is getting likely for Nov/Dec.
I do hope so - I'll need a boost for the xmas hols! This trend down towards 60p is quite disconcerting after the last few months of 64-66p
Old Oct 5th 2011, 6:02 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
I believe the trigger will be the Greek default, for which most of the analysts now agree will probably take place by December, if not earlier....
Old Oct 5th 2011, 6:29 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

I can't really see another round of QE - No one's convinced printing more cash will do much. 'fraid it's a decade of anaemic growth. I'd be surprised if the GBP /AUD goes much higher than 1.7. I think the markets have overreacted to the prospect of Greece leaving the Euro and when they actually do - markets and resources will rise again. 'sell the rumour buy the fact' ..
Old Oct 5th 2011, 7:01 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
I think the markets have overreacted to the prospect of Greece leaving the Euro and when they actually do - markets and resources will rise again. 'sell the rumour buy the fact' ..
I do hope so, my commodities ETFs have been reamed.

I'm actually in the process of developing a football betting system because I'm convinced I'll lose money less quickly than with trading the financial markets.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

I can't really see another round of QE - No one's convinced printing more cash will do much. 'fraid it's a decade of anaemic growth. I'd be surprised if the GBP /AUD goes much higher than 1.7. I think the markets have overreacted to the prospect of Greece leaving the Euro and when they actually do - markets and resources will rise again. 'sell the rumour buy the fact' ..
I think that once Greece has defaulted and been pushed out of the Euro the markets will turn on Protugal or Spain and which ever of these two are next the other will follow.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 9:48 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by isgraham
I think that once Greece has defaulted and been pushed out of the Euro the markets will turn on Protugal or Spain and which ever of these two are next the other will follow.
I think that's factored in already - not sure when to pounce but there are some good value stocks around now. Euro collapse - stronger what? Greenback, AUD, sterling, gold?
Old Oct 5th 2011, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

I think that's factored in already - not sure when to pounce but there are some good value stocks around now. Euro collapse - stronger what? Greenback, AUD, sterling, gold?
I've been getting into gold and cash (AUD,GBP and BRL) but plan to buy more stocks next time the markets have a panic which I am pretty sure isn't too far away.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

coldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nice

My guess would be US$ and treasuries, at least initially (ironic I know). Expect a re-run of 2008, everything else would sell off to a greater or lesser degree.

If the EU collapses expect commods and AUD to be slaughtered, Gold will also fall at first in the mass liquidation, Silver even more.

^ just my guesses....

P.S. Good luck picking any bottoms, not as easy as it sounds.

Last edited by coldbeer; Oct 6th 2011 at 2:39 am.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 2:43 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coldbeer
If the EU collapses expect commods and AUD to be slaughtered, Gold will also fall at first in the mass liquidation, Silver even more.
P.S. Good luck picking any bottoms, not as easy as it sounds.
If silver ever drops to under $10 again I'm mortgaging the house and backing up the truck...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.