Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

posting off the spouse visa application

posting off the spouse visa application

Old Sep 14th 2005, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of
Default posting off the spouse visa application

Hello

Were posting off our application heopefully this weekend to London, what have people used to do this, Royal Mail special or courier?

Thanks
Old Sep 14th 2005, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: posting off the spouse visa application

Originally Posted by lawlaw
Hello

Were posting off our application heopefully this weekend to London, what have people used to do this, Royal Mail special or courier?

Thanks
We used Royal Mail Special guaranteed before 12 noon. If you note for some reason they dont take deliveries after 1pm, so we were concerned about a courier arriving after that time. Took our money the next day and got the ok within a week!

Ours weighed in at about 1 3/4kg so cost about £20 to post!

Good luck with yours!

Bert
Old Sep 14th 2005, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bert'n'Stella
We used Royal Mail Special guaranteed before 12 noon. If you note for some reason they dont take deliveries after 1pm, so we were concerned about a courier arriving after that time. Took our money the next day and got the ok within a week!

Ours weighed in at about 1 3/4kg so cost about £20 to post!

Good luck with yours!

Bert

Thanks Bert sounds like good advice. Can I ask you something else did you send the passport and pre paid envelope with initial application or wait til approved and then send it?
Old Sep 14th 2005, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

We sent ours in a special delivery envelope (Royal Mail), we front loaded it and got it back in 7 days, not working days, just 7 days! Good luck!!
Old Sep 14th 2005, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pako
We sent ours in a special delivery envelope (Royal Mail), we front loaded it and got it back in 7 days, not working days, just 7 days! Good luck!!
Thanks pako. I hope we get ours that quickly, were supposed to be going in May but im trying to convince my hubbie that November this year would be far better.

Did you send your passport to be stamped with the application form? Also we are frontloading as well, husband has meds done already, so is this right we dont send any other form with the application regarding the medicals and they just match it up when it gets there?

Thanks
Old Sep 14th 2005, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Send the passport definitley and make sure you enclose another special delivery envelope for its safe return. I even had all my photos, cards and letters sent back...they are fantastic and turning things around quickly. We've off in November too. Where are you heading?
Old Sep 14th 2005, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pako
Send the passport definitley and make sure you enclose another special delivery envelope for its safe return. I even had all my photos, cards and letters sent back...they are fantastic and turning things around quickly. We've off in November too. Where are you heading?

Hi Pako, thanks will send the passport then. Did you send original photos and cards etc then? I was just going to send photocopies?
Old Sep 14th 2005, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Pako, thanks will send the passport then. Did you send original photos and cards etc then? I was just going to send photocopies?

Oh forgot to say, were off to Brisbane, I see your off to Melbourne. We have friends who have recently emigrated to Melbourne, they love it.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

some where original because I was running out of time, but they sent them all back. Even letters from hubby's aussie nana, and drawings by aussie neice and nephew. was chuffed to get them back again.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute

We sent a large A3 envelope with 4 first class stamps on and got back cards etc from them. We sent all original things.

Also included in that was the letter saying we got the visa send your passport. Took another 4 days to turnaround the passport, which we sent special delivery along with a pre paid special delivery envelope. I didnt feel comfortable pre-loading the application with my passport after previously having had my passport stolen in the post.

I had had the meds done a bit before we submitted the application, and they just seemed to match whatever had been sent by the medical centre along with the application.

We still hope to be heading out end of November to Mackay, if my job application is succesful. Just in time for the rainy season

Bert
Old Sep 14th 2005, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bert'n'Stella
We sent a large A3 envelope with 4 first class stamps on and got back cards etc from them. We sent all original things.

Also included in that was the letter saying we got the visa send your passport. Took another 4 days to turnaround the passport, which we sent special delivery along with a pre paid special delivery envelope. I didnt feel comfortable pre-loading the application with my passport after previously having had my passport stolen in the post.

I had had the meds done a bit before we submitted the application, and they just seemed to match whatever had been sent by the medical centre along with the application.

We still hope to be heading out end of November to Mackay, if my job application is succesful. Just in time for the rainy season

Bert
Thanks bert, we have friends in Mackay, they moved there not long ago and love it.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 4:57 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

We sent bog standard royal mail recorded delivery with passport. They received it the next day. Bit risky, but at that point I felt I had spent enough on the visa