British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Post your new pool pics! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/post-your-new-pool-pics-430175/)

biggy Feb 28th 2007 4:43 am

Re: Post your new pool pics!

Originally Posted by NedKelly (Post 4463677)
When we looked at pools and discussed various methods of construction with the salesmen all the concrete pool guys had pictures of fibreglass pools that had popped out of the ground due to water logging of the surround. Then all the fibreglass boys had pictures of concrete pools with cracks. Because we are on the side of a hill we felt the concrete route was best. Also as we wanted tiles so had to have concrete.

fibreglass pools are now fitted with a valve to stop this happening..

Tiawamutu Feb 28th 2007 4:50 am

When we looked at pools and discussed various methods of construction with the salesmen all the concrete pool guys had pictures of fibreglass pools that had popped out of the ground due to water logging of the surround. Then all the fibreglass boys had pictures of concrete pools with cracks. Because we are on the side of a hill we felt the concrete route was best. Also as we wanted tiles so had to have concrete.

Show us piccies! :D

NedKelly Feb 28th 2007 4:52 am

Originally Posted by biggy (Post 4463722)
fibreglass pools are now fitted with a valve to stop this happening..

That's what the fibreglass guys told me. So when I next talked to a concrete pool salesmen I told him this and he said, yes but the installers often forget to set the valve before filling and they don't set them properly so if it rains whilst filling then silt and dirty water comes up from the bottom.

What do I know, I'm not a salesman!

Tiawamutu Feb 28th 2007 5:02 am

Originally Posted by NedKelly
What do I know, I'm not a salesman!

But you do know how to take pictures don't you? :rofl:

NedKelly Feb 28th 2007 5:06 am

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu (Post 4463750)
But you do know how to take pictures don't you? :rofl:

What you mean like the ones I posted earlier in this thread?

themerlin Feb 28th 2007 5:15 am

fiberglass pools are quicker becuase you don't have to wait for them to cure.

But concrete pools look a lot better (in my opinion) and you can have any shape you like. I just don't like fiberglass pools they look cheap!

But saying that TracyAnne's pools looks nice. Maybe they have improved since we looked.

Originally Posted by thebears (Post 4460027)
Prefering to go the saltwater route and still have not seen a big difference between fiberglass and concrete? Any one?

Tiawamutu Feb 28th 2007 5:17 am

Originally Posted by NedKelly (Post 4463761)
What you mean like the ones I posted earlier in this thread?

:o I forgot

Got any more :D

Tiawamutu Feb 28th 2007 5:20 am

Ah yes I remember now. That's a gorgeous pool you got there Ned :thumbup:

thebears Feb 28th 2007 6:04 am

When we looked at pools and discussed various methods of construction with the salesmen all the concrete pool guys had pictures of fibreglass pools that had popped out of the ground due to water logging of the surround. Then all the fibreglass boys had pictures of concrete pools with cracks.

:D

thebears Feb 28th 2007 6:06 am

Originally Posted by themerlin (Post 4463772)
fiberglass pools are quicker becuase you don't have to wait for them to cure.

But concrete pools look a lot better (in my opinion) and you can have any shape you like. I just don't like fiberglass pools they look cheap!

But saying that TracyAnne's pools looks nice. Maybe they have improved since we looked.

As I am already having a large amount of concrete poured it might be worth me doing the pool in concrete.

TraceyAnne your pool looks great :thumbup: - good advertisement for fibreglass

moneypenny20 Feb 28th 2007 6:09 am

Also depends on your ground and how level you are. We couldn't have fibreglass (didn't want it anyway) because we are on too much of a slope and would have needed loads of concrete to shore it up so it wasn't worth it.

themerlin Feb 28th 2007 9:07 am

2 Attachment(s)
Here is ours. Few year between pics, it's changed loads :)

ray2gill Feb 28th 2007 11:00 am

Originally Posted by themerlin (Post 4464268)
Here is ours. Few year between pics, it's changed loads :)

Hi themerlin I like your pool! What size is it and importantly what is the depth? I need something I can jog in - it's more enjoyable than on a treadmill and less strain on the joints! Hubby needs something he can swim lengths in also.

Tiawamutu Mar 15th 2007 2:47 pm

Any more piccies folks?

Tiawamutu Mar 27th 2007 10:12 am

Originally Posted by ray2gill (Post 4464658)
Hi themerlin I like your pool! What size is it and importantly what is the depth? I need something I can jog in - it's more enjoyable than on a treadmill and less strain on the joints! Hubby needs something he can swim lengths in also.

Your probably better off with a lap pool, Gill