British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Post your new pool pics! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/post-your-new-pool-pics-430175/)

Tiawamutu Feb 25th 2007 1:21 pm

Re: Post your new pool pics!

Originally Posted by TraceyW (Post 4452885)
Surprising what you can fit onto a postage stamp eh?!!;)

Pool was from Sapphire. Cost $20k. Salt/chlorine. Fibre glass.

If you don't mind me asking, what are the dimensions of your pool Tracey?

Also how far from the wall does it have to be?

We will have an odd shaped peise of land, that may not be big enough for a pool, once our house is built, so it would be good to know the latter, Thanks :thumbup:

sassie Feb 25th 2007 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by pete jackson (Post 4452913)
It looks great, was the $20,700 for every thing or were the other prices ontop of that? Pete

The price included installation of the pool, the feature waterfall and the 6 month hire of the compulsory temporary fence. Fencing and landscaping were extra.

samnsam Feb 25th 2007 7:54 pm

Good thread, would anyone have any web addresses in Brissie area's of pool sales, as cant find any with prices.
Thank's in advance

sam x

TracyAnne Feb 26th 2007 5:14 am

3 Attachment(s)
Hi,

Ours is 9m x 4.5m, we used Blue Marlin Pools in Mornignton, they were excellent. Cost was $31k including solar heating. Add to that all the hard landscaping and fencing we spent a toatl of about $45k. Worth every penny (oops I mean cent)!!

Tracy

themerlin Feb 26th 2007 5:19 am

$31k , that seems steep! What type of pool is it ?

Originally Posted by TracyAnne (Post 4455213)
Hi,

Ours is 9m x 4.5m, we used Blue Marlin Pools in Mornignton, they were excellent. Cost was $31k including solar heating. Add to that all the hard landscaping and fencing we spent a toatl of about $45k. Worth every penny (oops I mean cent)!!

Tracy

TracyAnne Feb 26th 2007 5:23 am

Originally Posted by themerlin (Post 4455216)
$31k , that seems steep! What type of pool is it ?

Fibreglass.

aston man Feb 26th 2007 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu (Post 4452981)

We will have an odd shaped peise of land, that may not be big enough for a pool, once our house is built, so it would be good to know the latter, Thanks :thumbup:

i was told a pool has to be a meter away from a house and also the fence..

ast

themerlin Feb 26th 2007 5:26 am

What made you get Fibreglass over concrete ?

Originally Posted by TracyAnne (Post 4455221)
Fibreglass.

aston man Feb 26th 2007 5:28 am

i was quoted 22k for the biggest pool they had at the showroom in rockingham,that was with everything solar etc..

slabbing etc..was on top of that though...

themerlin Feb 26th 2007 5:32 am

Thats sounds OK. We paid about that a few years back with waterfall and solar heating.

Originally Posted by aston man (Post 4455231)
i was quoted 22k for the biggest pool they had at the showroom in rockingham,that was with everything..

slabbing etc..was on top of that though...

biggy Feb 26th 2007 6:04 am

Originally Posted by TracyAnne (Post 4455213)
Hi,

Tracy

pool looks fab....can I just ask one thing tho....I take it that the pool fence has been inspected...the reason I ask is, the last foto of the pool...the fence on the right hand side of the house...the timber fence totally breaches your pool fence requirements...if they are the same as in Qld, might be worth looking into wouldnt want you getting a hefty fine

TraceyW Feb 26th 2007 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu (Post 4452981)

Our pool is 7m x 3.5m. Not very big but that's all we could fit in. The pool has to be 1m from fences etc. The price also included the pipes for solar heating and the bull-nosing around the pool and a pipe for a water feature.

NedKelly Feb 26th 2007 7:18 am

2 Attachment(s)
We haven't quite finished ours yet but here are the pics anyway. It's 11 metres long, fully tiled and with a heat pump for the spa. Cost about $45K. Surround, tiling and fence were extra, about another $15k. Gazebo about $4k from memory.

moneypenny20 Feb 26th 2007 7:25 am

Originally Posted by biggy (Post 4455273)
pool looks fab....can I just ask one thing tho....I take it that the pool fence has been inspected...the reason I ask is, the last foto of the pool...the fence on the right hand side of the house...the timber fence totally breaches your pool fence requirements...if they are the same as in Qld, might be worth looking into wouldnt want you getting a hefty fine

Agreed. Can't imagine that is legal:ohmy: Anyone other than a baby can climb the timber fence supports and hop over. It would worry me legally:(

TracyAnne Feb 26th 2007 8:01 am

Originally Posted by biggy (Post 4455273)

Well spotted!! That bit is not yet finished, we have not had the inspection yet, still a few things to finish off.