British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Post your new pool pics! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/post-your-new-pool-pics-430175/)

pete jackson Feb 24th 2007 5:13 pm

Post your new pool pics!

Hi there, all the houses we like dont have pools so we want to gert one fitted, Who wants to post there pool pics on here so we can see what you get for your money, dont forget to tell us how much they cost and any other things we need to know!! Get posting!! Pete

sassie Feb 24th 2007 8:57 pm

Re: Post your new pool pics!

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by pete jackson (Post 4450540)
Hi there, all the houses we like dont have pools so we want to gert one fitted, Who wants to post there pool pics on here so we can see what you get for your money, dont forget to tell us how much they cost and any other things we need to know!! Get posting!! Pete

We had ours built by Sundollar Pools on the Gold Coast and thoroughly recommend them for anyone on the coast. It cost $20,700 which included the rock waterfall feature. The glass fencing around 2 sides came to just under 4 grand.

The paving slabs came to about 3 grand and my OH layed them all himself to save a bit of dosh

Lord Pom Percy Feb 24th 2007 9:14 pm

1 Attachment(s)
With my girlfriends.:p You don't need a large pool to have a good time.:thumbup:

Centurion Feb 24th 2007 9:20 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Poor photo but you get the idea. Cost was $22,000 for the pool, including jacuzzi on the underwater seated bit. Allow $2500 for fencing and $2000 for the surround slab. Then add tiling etc to the slab. I wouldnt recommend my pool builders though - it was more like engaging in warfare than doing business.

Lindsay Clan Feb 25th 2007 6:59 am

We decided to go for an above ground pool and we love it. Pool cost $6000, fencing $1800, deck $2000, pool roller $400, fitting of pool ie having hole dug out and pool put in $3500, solar heating $2600 which gives a total of $16,300. The kids have certainly got their use out of it this summer and with the solar it keeps it a lovely 32 degrees, wonderful.

Tried to upload a photo and it won't do it, sorry.

Lorraine

thebears Feb 25th 2007 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Centurion (Post 4451192)
Poor photo but you get the idea. Cost was $22,000 for the pool, including jacuzzi on the underwater seated bit. Allow $2500 for fencing and $2000 for the surround slab. Then add tiling etc to the slab. I wouldnt recommend my pool builders though - it was more like engaging in warfare than doing business.

That looks nice and refreshing

What dimensions? is it chlorine or salt water?

We are looking to get water jets at the end to swim against but plan on a 12 x 4 metre.

steandleigh Feb 25th 2007 10:37 am

Originally Posted by thebears (Post 4452440)
That looks nice and refreshing

What dimensions? is it chlorine or salt water?

We are looking to get water jets at the end to swim against but plan on a 12 x 4 metre.

A 12 metre long pool?!:eek: :thumbup: Impressive!

MD09 Feb 25th 2007 10:49 am

http://i12.tinypic.com/2z8w5so.jpg

About $3k but worth every cent.

nirrade Feb 25th 2007 11:33 am

MD09,

Liked the joke :thumbup:

nirrade

aston man Feb 25th 2007 11:47 am

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...uis/MAR1_2.jpgthis was my pool in turkey....broke my little heart giving that up..

TraceyW Feb 25th 2007 12:06 pm

3 Attachment(s)
Surprising what you can fit onto a postage stamp eh?!!;)

Pool was from Sapphire. Cost $20k. Salt/chlorine. Fibre glass.

pete jackson Feb 25th 2007 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by sassie (Post 4451121)
We had ours built by Sundollar Pools on the Gold Coast and thoroughly recommend them for anyone on the coast. It cost $20,700 which included the rock waterfall feature. The glass fencing around 2 sides came to just under 4 grand.

The paving slabs came to about 3 grand and my OH layed them all himself to save a bit of dosh

It looks great, was the $20,700 for every thing or were the other prices ontop of that? Pete

Ransi Feb 25th 2007 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by sassie (Post 4451121)

Originally Posted by pete jackson (Post 4452913)
It looks great, was the $20,700 for every thing or were the other prices ontop of that? Pete

;)

pete jackson Feb 25th 2007 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Ransi (Post 4452951)
;)

might have been telling the individual prices breaking them down! :frown:

Ransi Feb 25th 2007 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by pete jackson (Post 4452971)
might have been telling the individual prices breaking them down! :frown:

Didnt look that way to me,I thought you might have overlooked the add ons....

:frown:= <gives you wrinkles>