Reload this Page >

Post Office Passport Problems

Wikiposts

Post Office Passport Problems

Old Jun 22nd 2006, 5:39 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Post Office Passport Problems

Originally Posted by shorrock
I submitted my AuS passport application on Monday 19/06/06. Yes the person at the postoffice mentioned that I didn't have my UK Passport or Birthcert. I told them it wasn't asked for on the form or website. She said not to worry and produced a stat dec form. She asked me to write that I was born in XXXXX and that the application form and passport website didn't ask for a document with my place of birth on it at lodgement. Did that and she was happy. My better half also did this with another bod at the postoffice later that day. They said it was a new process
The interviewer disappeared for 10 minutes to call the Passport Office to confirm what docs were adequate. He was informed that a passport or birth certificate were the only 2 acceptable docs. The inconsistencies with what you say make it only make the poor communication on behalf of the passport office the worse.

At least once it is lodged the online tracker works pretty well.

I saw in the herald that the PO lost 900 applications for a few weeks then found them in a bag in the corner of a room the other day.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 7:56 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IvanM
The interviewer disappeared for 10 minutes to call the Passport Office to confirm what docs were adequate. He was informed that a passport or birth certificate were the only 2 acceptable docs. The inconsistencies with what you say make it only make the poor communication on behalf of the passport office the worse.

At least once it is lodged the online tracker works pretty well.

I saw in the herald that the PO lost 900 applications for a few weeks then found them in a bag in the corner of a room the other day.
Love it.

It's as if nowt has happened

I once saw someone go to one of those self serve buffet meals on a posh ship.

As they went to serve themselves, they lost hold of their serving tongs, and as the tongs flew into the air they fell into a large dish of bolognaise sauce.

The sauce cascaded down the head, face and posh dress of the person stood behind him and the guy who caused the furo was completely oblivious and carried on completely unaware of the chaos

He then went on to drop his pudding from his tray, knocking someones drink all over them as he passed their chair...and tripping a few times on the way to his table.

He was just like Leonard Rossiter and Joan Collins in the drink advert.

AND he was real.

He was like that the whole of the holiday and I used to want to sit near him cos he was free entertainment.

I hope you stick around Ivan.

Class

Pure class
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:13 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Love it.

It's as if nowt has happened

I once saw someone go to one of those self serve buffet meals on a posh ship.

As they went to serve themselves, they lost hold of their serving tongs, and as the tongs flew into the air they fell into a large dish of bolognaise sauce.

The sauce cascaded down the head, face and posh dress of the person stood behind him and the guy who caused the furo was completely oblivious and carried on completely unaware of the chaos

He then went on to drop his pudding from his tray, knocking someones drink all over them as he passed their chair...and tripping a few times on the way to his table.

He was just like Leonard Rossiter and Joan Collins in the drink advert.

AND he was real.

He was like that the whole of the holiday and I used to want to sit near him cos he was free entertainment.

I hope you stick around Ivan.

Class

Pure class
PMSL oh I so want to meet that man, he sounds as clumsy as me
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:22 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clippies
PMSL oh I so want to meet that man, he sounds as clumsy as me
He was seriously funny, without meaning to be

Every day on that bloody awful snobby ship was made a pleasure cos of that man.

He was a natural.

Best holiday I ever had
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 9:07 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
He was seriously funny, without meaning to be

Every day on that bloody awful snobby ship was made a pleasure cos of that man.

He was a natural.

Best holiday I ever had
Lol

My midwife went on a mini cruise thing and absolutely hated it - she went for breakfast with no shoes on and a vest top and they asked her to put some footwear and clothes on before she came to the dining room