Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A post from the coast..

A post from the coast..

Old Sep 13th 2006, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of
Default A post from the coast..

How you all doing?? well I hope Well, blimey instead of Mooloolaba its more like Manchestlaba at the mo up this way! we must of had about 10 days of wind,rain and even hail in Noosa! a couple of weeks ago it was 31C and then Monday this week it was 19C !! my skin colour has gone from a nice mahogany to a chuffin' light oak!! ney mind it shouldn't last that long
My wife and I both passed our Queensland driving test's this week!! bloody money spinner that is! $16 a throw...30 multiple choice questions pretty straight forward but with crappy drawings that represent road scenario's! I worked out a way of passing them anyway 100% full proof! PM me if you have a QLD test one day
We're also looking at mortgages, and the reading aint pretty so if anyone can let me know of any experiences you've had with companies( we've looked at Rams and Pepper house loans but the interest rate is between 8-11% !!)
The deaths of Steve Irwin and Brocky are still big news around this way(and so they should) with signs,banners and pictures on every street corner!
And whats that sorry!!??..the new business!?...O you mean our new home Ironing venture(Kreases) that started last week and we're slowly getting the word around,so if you're up the sunny coast way and you want you're 'piles' sorting out! then just get in touch.
Dont forget the big Seafood festival up in Mooloolaba on Sunday!..with all this rain I feel like a chuffin' Halibut!
all the best fellow 'pats'.. Simon .
Old Sep 13th 2006, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A post from the coast..

Good to see you are settling in OK.

You should have come to South Australia, no tests at all for licence here, and it's been lovely and warm these past few days
Old Sep 13th 2006, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Glad you are settling in OK.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of

Thanks guys,nice to hear from you Wend hope your family are well? didnt know youre a a-ha fan! my wife likes them to and went to see them in 88 and 86! my favourite is 'Living a boys adventure tale' arrhh those were the days leather round your wrist's!
Old Sep 13th 2006, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SBUK
Thanks guys,nice to hear from you Wend hope your family are well? didnt know youre a a-ha fan! my wife likes them to and went to see them in 88 and 86! my favourite is 'Living a boys adventure tale' arrhh those were the days leather round your wrist's!

Yes we are all doing just fine thanks.

What can I say about A-ha, I love them. I have been a fan right from the beginning when they first appeared on Saturday morning TV with their fab video for take opn me.

I used to love the leather wristbands and necklaces, used to have a really big collection. They used to leave a black ring around your wrist and neck, looked like you hadn't been washed for weeks

I can't pick a favourite song, I love most of them.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of
Talking Re: A post from the coast..

How you all doing?? well I hope Well, blimey instead of Mooloolaba its more like Manchestlaba at the mo up this way! we must of had about 10 days of wind,rain and even hail in Noosa! a couple of weeks ago it was 31C and then Monday this week it was 19C !! my skin colour has gone from a nice mahogany to a chuffin' light oak!! ney mind it shouldn't last that long
My wife and I both passed our Queensland driving test's this week!! bloody money spinner that is! $16 a throw...30 multiple choice questions pretty straight forward but with crappy drawings that represent road scenario's! I worked out a way of passing them anyway 100% full proof! PM me if you have a QLD test one day
We're also looking at mortgages, and the reading aint pretty so if anyone can let me know of any experiences you've had with companies( we've looked at Rams and Pepper house loans but the interest rate is between 8-11% !!)
The deaths of Steve Irwin and Brocky are still big news around this way(and so they should) with signs,banners and pictures on every street corner!
And whats that sorry!!??..the new business!?...O you mean our new home Ironing venture(Kreases) that started last week and we're slowly getting the word around,so if you're up the sunny coast way and you want you're 'piles' sorting out! then just get in touch.
Dont forget the big Seafood festival up in Mooloolaba on Sunday!..with all this rain I feel like a chuffin' Halibut!
Nice to hear you have settled well and please tell me how to pass the theory driving test??? I've tried 3 times already on internet and failed all of them by a few points!!! I would love to pass first time when we're out there just to shut hubby up!!!LOL
Take care jo x
Old Sep 13th 2006, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

farrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by joanneS
Nice to hear you have settled well and please tell me how to pass the theory driving test??? I've tried 3 times already on internet and failed all of them by a few points!!! I would love to pass first time when we're out there just to shut hubby up!!!LOL
Take care jo x

where did you get the mock test from, love to have a go!havent had a test to do for about 15 years!
Old Sep 14th 2006, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

replied to your PM's
Old Sep 14th 2006, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

loopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really nice

hiya simon

me and hubby have been putting off driving test but only have about 3 weeks left to do it, is it really that bad? and whats the way you reckon of passing which is 100% foolproof, it was bad enough first time around, let alone resitting in oz.

any help you could give would be very much appreciated.

cheers
loopyloo2