Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

post box in oz before leaving

post box in oz before leaving

Old Dec 25th 2006, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

fastrhino will become famous soon enough
Default post box in oz before leaving

I want to have my mail redirected to an australia post box, is it possibble to arrange proir to leaving the uk, I would like to set up the australian post box to recieve all my uk mail for at least a year.

we will more than likely be moving from property to property till we settle, so the post box seems the best method of having a secure way of getting our uk mail.

The royal mail will redirect to australia for around £70 per year which is good IMO.

anyone do this themselves before leaving blighty?

mick
Old Dec 25th 2006, 10:40 pm
formerly Poppy

Poppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to all
Default Re: post box in oz before leaving

I think you probably can. Try doing a search for auspost or Post restante, perth and it might tell you how much a week it is Oz end. You can definitely sort it out UK end before you go and I think it takes a week or so once they receive your cheque and form, but not sure about Oz end.

Good luck
Old Dec 27th 2006, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

fastrhino will become famous soon enough

sorting out the redirection UK side not a problem, it is getting the Oz side set up from the UK that i need to sort out.

Royal Mail need a forwarding address for the redirection and i would prefere a PO box in perth

mick
Old Dec 27th 2006, 9:46 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fastrhino
sorting out the redirection UK side not a problem, it is getting the Oz side set up from the UK that i need to sort out.

Royal Mail need a forwarding address for the redirection and i would prefere a PO box in perth

mick
I think you have to physically be in Australia, as they will need ID.
Why not get it redirected to a friend, then they can send on the stuff you actually need?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370030
and
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=333705

might give you some ideas.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 9:52 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to have my mail redirected to an australia post box, is it possibble to arrange proir to leaving the uk, I would like to set up the australian post box to recieve all my uk mail for at least a year.

we will more than likely be moving from property to property till we settle, so the post box seems the best method of having a secure way of getting our uk mail.

The royal mail will redirect to australia for around £70 per year which is good IMO.

mick
Think you can start a PO Box check on Australia Post for how to do it. We just got parents to open it all and scan anything important over.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 10:01 am
formerly Poppy

Poppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to all

Go to auspost.com and go to contact us at the top, then you get directed to a page where you can choose your territory, WA and then you can email them and ask them, they should have the answer for you.

Good luck
Old Dec 27th 2006, 8:27 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

mick
I think this lot are the best option:
http://www.travellers.com.au/default...=article&ID=44

You can get Royal Mail to redirect your mail to the above. Then it will not cause a problem if you move around after you arrive in Australia.

Gina