Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Possible visa routes

Possible visa routes

Old Feb 25th 2021, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

ze bonitinho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Possible visa routes

Hi all, I'm an electrician currently working offshore on contracts all over the world. My wife is a trainee nurse and will hopefully be qualified in 2 years time. We have 2 kids aged 5 and 1. We are 35/36
We both travelled around oz 12 tears ago for 2 years and are considering our options to possibly return but on a permanent basis. We toyed with the idea a few years back but decided on kids instead 🤯. My work would require me to FIFO of oz for periods of approximately 4 weeks on/off at a time. I'm not sure on the tax implications of this. I currently work through my UK Ltd company and would hope to do similar in oz if at all possible. With nurse and electrician both being desired professions I just wondered what the best route would be. I couldn't work offshore straighrlt away in oz due to qualification differences but this is more an opening post to determine the best or easiest routes with any pitfalls associated. This is irrespective of any covid issues really as I hole they would have dispersed by the time we will be looking to actually move in a couple of years.

Thanks in advance,

John