Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to lodge a spouse visa application when I am outside Australia?

Is it possible to lodge a spouse visa application when I am outside Australia?

Old Dec 22nd 2003, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

websense_guy is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Is it possible to lodge a spouse visa application when I am outside Australia?

Hi Everybody

Firstly I would like to say that I appreciate the time taken for you to read my post.

I have just received my PR visa. Since I am not in a position to relocate to Australia soon, I will do a holiday trip for just validating my Visa. I will move permanently after two year or so. During this period I would like to get married and process a visa for my spouse. Is it possible to lodge a spouse visa application when I am outside Australia?

Thanks in Advance.

Websense_Guy
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 3:01 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it possible to lodge a spouse visa application when I am outside Australia?

Yes, that is probably OK ... you will have to lodge the usual documentation to confirm the relationship is genuine, but as things stand I would expect you to be able to lodge an application outside Australia (this is what is termed an "offshore" application).

Please feel able to contact our office in the UK and to ask for Helen O'Hare if you want to discuss this in more detail - +44 2380 488777.

Best regards.

Originally posted by websense_guy
Hi Everybody

Firstly I would like to say that I appreciate the time taken for you to read my post.

I have just received my PR visa. Since I am not in a position to relocate to Australia soon, I will do a holiday trip for just validating my Visa. I will move permanently after two year or so. During this period I would like to get married and process a visa for my spouse. Is it possible to lodge a spouse visa application when I am outside Australia?

Thanks in Advance.

Websense_Guy
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 3:23 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it possible to lodge a spouse visa application when I am outside Australia?

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Yes, that is probably OK ... you will have to lodge the usual documentation to confirm the relationship is genuine, but as things stand I would expect you to be able to lodge an application outside Australia (this is what is termed an "offshore" application).
Alan,

Aren't Australian permanent visa holders supposed to be usually resident in Australia before he/she can sponsor his/her spouse for a spouse visa? I believe that is the case, at least in theory. Whether the AHC in London enforces this bit, I won't know...

Regards
Peter
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 3:31 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

We have been musing on this issue within Go Matilda ... hence my suggestion that the enquirer might call and have a chat with Helen.

Happy Xmas Peter.

Originally posted by ptlabs
Alan,

Aren't Australian permanent visa holders supposed to be usually resident in Australia before he/she can sponsor his/her spouse for a spouse visa? I believe that is the case, at least in theory. Whether the AHC in London enforces this bit, I won't know...

Regards
Peter
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 3:43 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Alan Collett
We have been musing on this issue within Go Matilda ... hence my suggestion that the enquirer might call and have a chat with Helen.

Happy Xmas Peter.
Alan,

I won't mind one bit if the AHC in Singapore were to overlook the usually resident criterion

Merry Christmas too Alan & everyone

Cheers
Peter