Reload this Page >

just when things are going well

just when things are going well

Old Dec 21st 2003, 3:28 pm
Quiet one in the corner

kendra1 is on a distinguished road
Default just when things are going well

hi
we eventually received skills assesment back, and mean while other forms where being filled in by relatives in australia - we where applying for designated area sponsored.
anyway 3 days after receiving skills assesment back, we received a bundle of papers back, whilst checking that everything was in order i noticed that when asked "do you live in a designated area" (they live is adelaide and have done for around 8 years) they ticked the no box. We rang to inform them of the mistake, and were well and truly shocked to find a very upset uncle ranting and raving about "a privacy law" in australia, and about the fact that he should not have to give out his personal details to anyone for any reason.
this left us shocked and confused as it was his idea to be our sponsor and assurer.
i think that if we want to save on future conflict over this matter we should think about going independantly. we scored 60 points for skill and think we should be able to get in that way.
does anyone know of advantages/disavantages over going it indepentantly,
thanks
kendra in shock
Old Dec 21st 2003, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi...my agent had someone helping out preparing our 139 and he had set it up as independent by mistake..I was gonna just put it through as that to save hassle and i think the only difference is the time..Sponsored is around 4 months while independent is around 11.Needless to say we revived it back to a sponsored!!!

good luck
Old Dec 21st 2003, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Kendra
Sorry to hear your news. If I were you, although it may take me longer to get to Oz I would ditch your uncle, he sounds unpredictable and if he needs to fill in more forms etc he could cock things up for you later. At least your lucky enough to go independently and are not completely reliant on him.
Karen

Last edited by Muzzman; Dec 21st 2003 at 6:27 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2003, 9:42 pm

kevwalt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kendra,

I think if you can make enough points to get through independently then do it that way. As said previously it would probably take longer but you are not bound any one else or indebted to them.

If there are problems with your sponser now, it could only get worse.

Cheers - hope all goes well in the end.
Kate
Old Dec 21st 2003, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: just when things are going well

Originally posted by kendra1
hi
we eventually received skills assesment back, and mean while other forms where being filled in by relatives in australia - we where applying for designated area sponsored.
anyway 3 days after receiving skills assesment back, we received a bundle of papers back, whilst checking that everything was in order i noticed that when asked "do you live in a designated area" (they live is adelaide and have done for around 8 years) they ticked the no box. We rang to inform them of the mistake, and were well and truly shocked to find a very upset uncle ranting and raving about "a privacy law" in australia, and about the fact that he should not have to give out his personal details to anyone for any reason.
this left us shocked and confused as it was his idea to be our sponsor and assurer.
i think that if we want to save on future conflict over this matter we should think about going independantly. we scored 60 points for skill and think we should be able to get in that way.
does anyone know of advantages/disavantages over going it indepentantly,
thanks
kendra in shock
Being sponsored is much quicker but if you go the skilled route
you don't have to lodge the AUD 2,500 bond per person.
Old Dec 21st 2003, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Philanthropist5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

why would he be so uptight about designated area, info you get from his postcode. If he's filled in the forms surely he has given details of his employment, income and ability to support you, so why be uptight about your postcode.
This early in the application and you already have alarm bells ringing.
Its time to either ditch him or have a word about the responsibilities and duties of a sponsor/assuror.

maybe he's a, she'll be right mate, kind of aussie, unfortunately thats not how dima work.

families eh
good luck

sean
Old Dec 21st 2003, 11:38 pm
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point

Sean

Hi Just noticed you are from near york, We came over from Malton 8 months ago, where are you from, and are you the sean I am thinking you are!!!!!

Rachel ( Neils Wife)
Old Dec 21st 2003, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

Hi Brox & Philanthropist5!

Me & Hubby are also from York (although we live nr Durham at the moment).

Lovely City, but I haven't lived there for over 10 years now, it doesn't feel like home anymore, although it is mine and hubbys hometown.

I always thought I would end up moving back there but the very thought now fills me with dread. I feel like I would be going back to die, and I haven't done living yet!! Its a nice place to visit, our families are still there, most of our friends are still there, but everyone of them has said how they can't wait to come and see us when we finally get the go ahead.

Sandy

Old Dec 22nd 2003, 6:09 pm
Quiet one in the corner

thanks for replies guys, we have been thinking about this a lot over the last few days, and i think we will go independantly, and hopefully get the forms in by the end of jan.
kendra
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Are you usin an agent or going alone.
If the first then your agent will advise you.
Skilled Independant is our route now, we had problems almost identical to yours.
the only thing is thet you have to pay the A$100,000 bond

We also `lost` 4 months with our uncle sodding aboutwhereas we should have submitted in Aug, we only submitted in Nov

Good luck
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 6:19 pm
Quiet one in the corner

sj oldfield
we are going it alone, and trying to save some cash,
do we need to pay the bond even if we have enough points??
kendra
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kendra1
sj oldfield
we are going it alone, and trying to save some cash,
do we need to pay the bond even if we have enough points??
kendra
Hi Kendra,

If you already have 115 pts then you won't need to pay the bond. I think that is only to gain extra points if you need them.

Muzzman