Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Possible Brisbane Meet????

Possible Brisbane Meet????

Old Dec 13th 2003, 2:24 am
WBB

Originally posted by Pollyana
Are you sure you want to see pics of Poms enjoying themselves on a beach in the sun.......might be an unrealistic picture and not portray how tough life really is over here....!!! You will have to view any photos with the famous rose-tinted specs!

ok, your choice.

if i dont get to see any photos i will have to assume you all have two heads and eat baby's for lunch.

just one group photo would be nice.

Old Dec 13th 2003, 3:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Karen, all welcome, just come along! The more the merrier.
As for photo thing, that depends on whether anyone coming has a digital camera - can't oblige there I'm afraid but I'm sure someone will........
Old Dec 13th 2003, 3:46 am
ABCDiamond

Karen, all welcome, just come along! The more the merrier.
As for photo thing, that depends on whether anyone coming has a digital camera - can't oblige there I'm afraid but I'm sure someone will........
I've just put my camera batteries on charge. Now i've just got to get there .

Old Dec 13th 2003, 3:55 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You're a diamond, ABC!!! That should keep Welshboybilly amused!

Hope you don't mind, but a word of advice from the Brighton meet - couple of people for various good reasons didn't want their pictures on the site - so if you take any for posting, just check with them first. Likewise, anyone who doesn't want their picture posted, make sure they say so!
See ya tomorrow!!
Old Dec 13th 2003, 5:07 am
WBB

You're a diamond, ABC!!! That should keep Welshboybilly amused!

Hope you don't mind, but a word of advice from the Brighton meet - couple of people for various good reasons didn't want their pictures on the site - so if you take any for posting, just check with them first. Likewise, anyone who doesn't want their picture posted, make sure they say so!
See ya tomorrow!!

that is understandable, some people want privacy and that has to be respected, the photo taker could always do a quick blackout job on the faces of anyone not wanting to appear on here, the job done on badgers from the last brighton meet was funny

Old Dec 13th 2003, 5:15 am
Just Joined

Sabby is an unknown quantity at this point

We'll take the pictures. We have a website where we can put them up and then everyone around the world can see that they should have moved to Brisbane and not NZ! Hahahaha.
We will bring some chairs as well. We'll see how many of them fit in the car.

Sabby
Old Dec 13th 2003, 5:26 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by welshboybilly
that is understandable, some people want privacy and that has to be respected,
I agree, that's why I also like to be behind the camera !!!

Old Dec 13th 2003, 6:13 am
Home and Happy

On the subject of cameras - a word of warning - I don't know how many of you remember the Get a New Life people who wanted to talk to some of us.......well, theres always a chance that they may show up. If they do, it was made clear to them ages ago that they only talk to people who want to talk to them.
When they asked ages ago if they could come along, they were also told any interviews had to be well away from the main party. We wanna enjoy ourselves after all!!!

If they start pressurising people (which I really don't think they would!) then I'm sure there are guys (or girls!) around who will take them for a long walk off a short pier!!

After the roasting that the Channel 4/ABC programme has got, I should think they will be in hiding!!!
Old Dec 13th 2003, 6:43 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Get ready to be media manipulated.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 6:54 am
Home and Happy

yeah, thats what I'm afraid of. Thats why I don't want anyone to feel they are pressurised into anything. This is supposed to be a fun day out, and thats what I want it to be!!!
Old Dec 13th 2003, 7:06 am
WBB

yeah, thats what I'm afraid of. Thats why I don't want anyone to feel they are pressurised into anything. This is supposed to be a fun day out, and thats what I want it to be!!!
a few to start the proceedings and things should go just fine.

do not worry about the tv people i'm sure they would not cause any of you any distress, if you feel uneasy about talking to them just say a polite but firm **** OFF.

Old Dec 13th 2003, 9:27 am
Ev'n'John

Hi all!

Looking orward to seeing you all tomorrow. We've been out today to buy 4 folding chairs, Mrs D. I'm afraid two of the them have Spiderman/ Care Bears logos on them! I hope you're not fussy about what you sit on!

Evelyn + co.

Old Dec 13th 2003, 10:25 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ev'n'John
Hi all!

Looking orward to seeing you all tomorrow. We've been out today to buy 4 folding chairs, Mrs D. I'm afraid two of the them have Spiderman/ Care Bears logos on them! I hope you're not fussy about what you sit on!

Evelyn + co.
Evelyn, as long as someone can park their bum I dont think it will matter . Im not very fussy about anything much, apart fom men . We have 3 chairs (plus a couple for the kids) so we'll be bringing them along.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 10:59 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by welshboybilly

if i dont get to see any photos i will have to assume you have two heads and eat baby's for lunch.
How did you know?!?!?!?!? :scared:
Old Dec 13th 2003, 1:53 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a great time everyone, will wait in anticipation for the pictures, wish we were there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.